[CPN] proposal to eliminate apomorphy-based definitions

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Wed Jan 11 10:52:31 EST 2012

I think it is counter-productive to discuss eliminating apomorphy-based definitions at this stage.  This issue was considered and rejected during the process of developing the PhyloCode.  If I remember correctly, the species issue is in a different category than other previously discussed issues in that people who wished to eliminate considerations about species from the PhyloCode were encouraged to develop a proposal (at the Paris meeting).  Other proposals that have been rejected should not be up for continuous debate, or we will never make any progress.

Kevin