[CPN] Window for comments on proposal

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 5 09:12:27 EST 2012

There are aspects of the proposal that I very much dislike, and which I think will seriously jeopardize the acceptance of the code by the broader systematics community.  I will want to elaborate on the problems these changes would cause if enacted, but I was assuming I would do this once the committee discussion begins.  However, since Michel commented briefly, I am wondering whether CPN members are expected (or encouraged) to comment during the window of time that the proposal is posted for public comment, or does our comment period begin after the public comment period ends and our committee discussion begins?  I can certainly send detailed comments before the end of the month, but I wanted to find out if there was an understanding about the timing of CPN member comments.

Phil