[CPN] Publication-Related Issues

Kevin Padian kpadian at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:22:11 EST 2011

[To answer Michel's thoughtful responses, I think that if we have a
quorum, we can use electronic media at least to a certain extent for those
who cannot attend.  I think that we can also settle a good deal of
business in advance.  For example, members can provide short comments and
non-binding (straw poll) "thumbs up or down" on submitted proposals that
could shorten discussion.  As always, advance preparation makes meeting
time more efficient.  It also seems to me from the passages he quotes that
the CPN is the correct authority for these matters.  I am sorry to dump
this issue in our chair's lap!  But I am very interested in everyone's
views on this. -- kp]

--
Kevin Padian
Department of Integrative Biology &