[CPN] The new version of the PhyloCode is online

Philip Cantino cantino at ohiou.edu
Thu Jan 28 05:54:32 EST 2010

Dear CPN members,

The new version (4c) of the PhyloCode, which I sent you as a pdf and
a Word document on January 12, is now online.  Mike Keesey has spent
a lot of time revising the web site, checking and adding the many new
cross-links, etc., and in the process he found and corrected a few
scattered typos and formatting inconsistencies.  He also proposed
(and Kevin and I approved) wording changes in Note 9.8.2 and Art.
15.11 that improve the flow of the sentences without changing the
meaning.  I recommend that you replace the version I sent you on Jan.
12 with the one that can now be downloaded from the website, as they
differ very slightly (though there are no substantive differences)

I am grateful for the time and care that Mike has devoted to the
critical and tedious job of converting the Word document to a fully
functional web site.  He notified me yesterday that the new site was
up, and I haven't yet checked it carefully, but the quality of Mike's
previous work for us gives me confidence that there will be no
problems.  If anyone does spot any glitches, though, please notify
both Mike <keesey at gmail.com> and me.

It is exciting to see the new code posted at last!

Best wishes,
Phil

--
Philip D. Cantino