[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] [Dissertation] Interview Invitation

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 23 15:58:13 EDT 2024

From: Hwang, Dasol <dasoly at psu.edu>
Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2024 at 2:40 PM
To: Foreman, Tamarine <foremant at ohio.edu>
Subject: [External] [Dissertation] Interview Invitation for Multicultural Supervisory Rupture Scale Developmen

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Dasol Hwang, and I am a doctoral candidate in Counselor Education at the Pennsylvania State University. I am writing to recruit research participants for my dissertation on The Development and Validation of the Multicultural Supervisory Rupture Scale: Using an Exploratory Sequential Mixed Method. I am seeking interviewees who have experienced multicultural supervisory rupture for the qualitative study as part of the overall research.

Multicultural Supervisory Rupture in this study includes relational conflict, strain, or break caused by cultural incidents mainly occurring from your supervisor’s cultural insensitivity or unresponsiveness in your supervisory relationship.

Eligibility
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
1. be 18 years old or older; and
2. be enrolled in a graduate-level CACREP-accredited program in the United States and
3. have completed at least one semester practicum with a supervisor that you experienced MSR in your current CACREP-accredited program, and
4. experienced or have experienced multicultural supervisory rupture in your present CACREP-accredited program within 12 months.
Your participation in this study is completely voluntary, and you can withdraw at any time without penalty.

Procedures
If you agree to participate, signing up for the interview will take approximately 10 minutes by accessing the following Qualtrics link (https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOdDtxQIkfhWWto). The researcher will contact you to schedule the interview and confirm the information provided within one week. A Zoom link will be sent to you via email. The interview will take up to 60 minutes. You will be invited to the member-checking process reviewing the overall qualitative data and the following quantitative study. You have a full right to participate or decline the additional involvement.

Confidentiality
Your participation in this study and any identifiable personal information you provide will be kept confidential to every extent possible, and all data will be destroyed within six years of the completion of the study. All written and electronic forms of data and study materials will be securely maintained.

Risks and Benefits
The interview process might elicit distressed emotional reactions related to the rupture. There are no expected risks to you in addition to that as a result of participating in this study.

Participating in this study will benefit you with $20 Amazon gift card for the appreciation of your research participation. Moreover, your participation is valued as it will be the essence of developing the Multicultural Supervisory Rupture Scale, which is expected to assist supervisees and supervisors in detecting and identifying rupture and potentially support the establishment of the repairment intervention.

Additional Information and/or Concerns:
The Internal Review Board (IRB) of the Pennsylvania State University has approved this protocol (STUDY00025442).
For questions, concerns, or complaints about the study you may contact the principal investigator, Dasol Hwang at dasoly at psu.edu. You may also contact my adviser and chair of the dissertation committee, Dr. Carlos p. Zalaquett at cpz1 at psu.edu.
For questions about your rights as a participant in this study or to discuss other study-related concerns or complaints with someone who is not part of the research team, you may contact the Human Research Protection Program at the Pennsylvania State University (Email: irb-orp at psu.edu or Phone: 814-865-1775).

Survey Link:
If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link: https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOdDtxQIkfhWWto

Please feel free to share this study opportunity with others. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Dasol Hwang