[Counselor_Educ] Dissertation Research Invitation

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 6 16:42:59 EST 2024

Hello all. Please see below for an opportunity to participate in research.

Sincerely,
Dr. Foreman

From: Zeynep Sule Yilmaz <zyilmaz at arizona.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 at 4:25 PM
To: zyilmaz at arizona.edu <zyilmaz at arizona.edu>
Cc: lshaw at arizona.edu <lshaw at arizona.edu>
Subject: [External] Dissertation Research Invitation, Could you Please Share with your Graduate Counseling Students?
Use caution with links and attachments.

Dear CACREP liaison,
I am contacting you to kindly ask for your assistance in disseminating
my dissertation research request as the CACREP liaison. Could you
please share my dissertation research invitation with your current
counseling graduate students and alumni, if possible?  Your help would
be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Zeynep Yilmaz, MS, CRC
Ph.D. candidate

Dear Counselors and Counseling Students,
My name is Zeynep Yilmaz, and I am a doctoral candidate at The
University of Arizona in the Counselor Education and Supervision
program.   To fulfill my degree requirements, I am conducting a
dissertation study entitled (The Development and Validation of the
Counselor Disability Competence Scale)  under the supervision of Dr.
Linda Shaw.
The purpose of this study is to develop a new scale to accurately
measure counselor disability competencies in working with persons with
disabilities (PWDs). My hope is that this study will not only help to
understand the current state of knowledge, awareness, attitudes, and
skills among counselors and counseling students in working with
persons with disabilities but also to inform the creation of resources
for counselors to assist them in being able to provide more effective
and affirming counseling services.
Eligibility
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
•       be 18-years old or older; and
•       be enrolled in a graduate-level counseling program in the United
States and have completed at least two full-time semesters and one
practicum experience in the program; or
•       have graduated from a master-level counseling program; or
•       currently work as a practicing counselor.
Your participation in this study is completely voluntary and you can
withdraw at any time without any penalty.
If you agree to participate, it will take approximately 15-20 minutes
to complete the study. Upon completion of data collection, you will be
eligible for a drawing for 10 (ten) $20 Amazon gift cards in
appreciation of your participation and time. Following completion of
the survey, you will be prompted to move to a new page where you can
enter your e-mail address if you would like to be included in the gift
card drawing. Entering this drawing will be optional, and your e-mail
will not be matched with your answers.
Confidentiality
Your participation in this study, and any identifiable personal
information you provide, will be kept confidential to every extent
possible, and all data will be destroyed within six years of the
completion of the study. All written and electronic forms of data and
study materials will be securely maintained.
Risks and Benefits:
It is possible that you may become aware, in the process of completing
the survey, that you have some knowledge or skill gaps, which might be
mildly distressing.  Other than this, there are no expected risks to
you, as a result of participating in this study. You will probably not
benefit directly from participating in this study. However, being in
this study may help in development of an accurate and up-to-date
instrument to measure counselors’ disability-related competencies,
therefore helping counselors and counselor educators to understand the
training needs of counselors in this area. Completing the survey may
also encourage you to self-reflect on your own competencies in this
area that you might wish to further develop.
Additional Information and/or Concerns:
The University of Arizona IRB has approved this protocol on …
(Protocol #2106956002)
For questions, concerns, or complaints about the study you may contact
the principal investigator, Zeynep Yilmaz at zyilmaz at email.arizona.edu
. You may also contact my adviser, Dr. Linda Shaw at
lshaw at email.arizona.edu.
For questions about your rights as a participant in this study or to
discuss other study-related concerns or complaints with someone who is
not part of the research team, you may contact the University of
Arizona Human Subjects Protection Program at 520-626-6721 or online at
http://rgw.arizona.edu/compliance/human-subjects-protection-program .
Survey Link: If you are interested in participating, please click on
the following link:
https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1XDdHG7LFT71Ktg

Please feel free to share this study opportunity with others. I
appreciate your time and consideration!
Sincerely,
Zeynep Yilmaz