[Counselor_Educ] Assistant Professor Position in CMHC at Valparaiso University

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 16 09:00:00 EST 2024

Please see below for a Job Posting

From: Suzy Wise <suzy.wise at valpo.edu>

My name is Dr. Suzy Wise, and as the search committee chair, I am reaching out to personally invite your recently graduated or soon-to-be graduating doctoral candidates in Counselor Education and Supervision to apply for an exciting opportunity at Valparaiso University ("Valpo") in Valparaiso, Indiana.

We have an open, non-remote, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in our cohort-based, CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling master’s program. The program is renowned for its two-year completion option, strong NCE pass rates, and post-grad placement success. Our graduates often become supervisors, clinical directors, and practice owners in the region.

Position Overview
The successful candidate will focus on teaching Clinical Mental Health Counseling graduate students, except where students outside of the program enroll in our 15-credit graduate certificate in trauma-informed care. This is a teaching-focused role (21 semester-based credits over the fall and spring, with opportunities for summer teaching). Prior to tenure, candidates are also expected to develop a clear scholarly agenda, demonstrate evidence of scholarship, and show a commitment to service within the university community, though new faculty are shielded in their first year from service responsibilities outside the program.

Valparaiso University and Our Strategic Vision
Valpo takes pride<https://www.valpo.edu/about/> in its vibrant academic community, independent faith-based Lutheran foundation, and overall commitment to excellence. We are actively working towards becoming a Hispanic-Serving Institution within the next five years as outlined in our strategic plan<https://www.valpo.edu/uplift-valpo/>, aligning with our vision for a diverse and supportive academic environment.

Geographical and Community Overview
Valparaiso is optimally located between Chicago and South Bend, offering the benefits of a smaller community with easy access to larger metropolitan opportunities. We are also located just 20 minutes from Indiana Dunes National Park on Lake Michigan. The Northwest Indiana region boasts excellent schools, cultural events, outdoor activities, and a picturesque downtown.

Application Process
We would be delighted to receive applications from your exceptional candidates. More details about the position and the application process can be found here: https://apply.interfolio.com/136929<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapply.interfolio.com%2F136929&data=05%7C02%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Ce3a08c6df4e24795691408dc169b7c35%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638410104251812713%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=mXQjmm0pXIBoDRXk9EuBWSgi0fqU1f4pwm3HYLxy2ig%3D&reserved=0>. The priority deadline for review of applications is coming up on January 19, 2024, but we will gladly accept applications until the position is filled. Candidates who are ABD with plans to complete their degree within one academic year are welcome to apply.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me directly at Suzy.Wise at valpo.edu<mailto:Suzy.Wise at valpo.edu>. We look forward to considering your candidates for this opportunity!

Warm regards,
Suzy Wise, Ph.D., LPC(IL), NCC

Assistant Professor, Clinical Mental Health Counseling<https://www.valpo.edu/psychology/academics/graduate-programs/m-a-in-clinical-mental-health-counseling/> (Dept. of Psychology)
Faculty Advisor, VU Chapter of Counselors for Social Justice<https://www.facebook.com/groups/505413233174784>
Faculty Advisor, Alliance<https://www.instagram.com/valpoalliance/>

Pronouns: they/she (What's this?)<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mypronouns.org%2F&data=05%7C02%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Ce3a08c6df4e24795691408dc169b7c35%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638410104251812713%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=U4MGiPSdRS%2BAu4nJ331%2B0VMr0GQoM%2BMYGS4d6Yr3Co8%3D&reserved=0>
[Image removed by sender.]