[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] BIPOC Trainee's Sense of Belonging: Dissertation Recruitment Request

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:07:58 EST 2023

Greetings all. Please see an opportunity to participate in research below.

Sincerely,
Dr. Foreman

From: Pinney, Erica <epinney at luc.edu>
Date: Monday, January 30, 2023 at 9:52 AM
Subject: [External] BIPOC Trainee's Sense of Belonging: Dissertation Recruitment Request
Use caution with links and attachments.

Hello,

Please consider forwarding the recruitment email below to trainees in your program.

My name is Erica Pinney, a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at Loyola University Chicago. I am conducting my dissertation study on “BIPOC Trainees Sense of Belonging to the fields of Counseling and Psychology.” Your participation in this study will greatly help understand the racial experiences of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) graduate students within counseling and psychology programs, particularly in regard to how BIPOC students cope and experience support from their faculty and peers. This survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

To participate, you must:

  1.  self-identify as a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latinx, Middle Eastern, North African, multiracial, multiethnic, and/or biracial) graduate student.

  1.  (1) currently enrolled in a graduate counseling (i.e., counselor education and supervision, clinical mental health counseling, school counseling, etc.) or health service psychology program (i.e., clinical, counseling, or school psychology)  OR (2) you must have been enrolled in one of these graduate programs within the past 2 years.

     *

  1.  You must be 18 years or older and reside in the United States.

Your participation in this study is anonymous. However, at the completion of the survey, you will be asked to enter your email address, if you wish, to enter a raffle to win one of twenty $25 Amazon gift cards.

If you are interested in this research, please click the link below:

https://luc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b2Zg2HEkdvZ7Oia

Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Erica Pinney, M.Ed.

Doctoral Candidate

Counseling Psychology, Loyola University Chicago

Matthew Miller, PhD.

Professor, Co-Graduate Program Director,

Counseling Psychology, Loyola University Chicago