[Counselor_Educ] EXT: Counselor Education Position (Full-Time) at Youngstown State University

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Thu May 5 20:39:14 EDT 2022

Attention PhD graduates!

From: Ohio Counseling Association Member Listserv <OCAMEMBERS at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU> On Behalf Of Jake Protivnak
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 12:22 PM
To: OCAMEMBERS at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU
Subject: EXT: Counselor Education Position (Full-Time) at Youngstown State University

Hello All,

The Youngstown State University (YSU) Counseling Program faculty are pleased to announce that we are searching for a full-time Counselor Educator for our Lecturer (9-month, renewable term / non-tenure track) position beginning Fall 2022.  This position has a primary emphasis in teaching.  The Lecturer position has the expectation of teaching 15 hours per semester (5 graduate level counseling courses) during each Fall and Spring semester on campus. The YSU Counseling Program offers four CACREP accredited program tracks: addiction counseling, clinical mental health counseling, school counseling, and college counseling & student affairs. We are located in beautiful downtown Youngstown, Ohio.

Minimum qualifications include an earned doctoral degree by the time of appointment in Counselor Education from a CACREP Accredited program, eligibility for Licensure as an LPC in Ohio, and documented professional counselor identity by education, experience, and professional affiliations.  Preferred qualifications include eligibility for licensure as an LPCC in Ohio, evidence of contributions to scholarship and professional service in counseling, experience and/or licensure in more than one Counseling Program track specialty area, and experience teaching graduate level courses.

Review the position requirements and apply at https://jobs.ysu.edu/postings/8206.

Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2022 and the position will remain open until filled. Please reach out to me with any questions at jjprotivnak at ysu.edu<mailto:jjprotivnak at ysu.edu> or 330-941-1936.

Jake Protivnak, Ph.D., LPCC-S, LSC (Search Chair)
Professor / Counseling Program Director
Department of Psychological Sciences and Counseling
Beeghly College of Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, and Education
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH  44555-0001
jjprotivnak at ysu.edu<mailto:jjprotivnak at ysu.edu> / 330-941-1936

You can leave the OCA listserv at any time by sending an email with (without the quotation marks)

"SIGNOFF OCAMembers" in the body of an e-mail (without the parenthesis) and send to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU<mailto:LISTSERV at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU>