[Counselor_Educ] Become a member of CSI today!

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Fri Mar 18 12:02:07 EDT 2022

Greetings students,

So far, I have had the pleasure of approving 16 new members into Chi Sigma Iota, Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International! Thanks to all who have applied!

If you received an email invitation to apply and did not apply already, please consider applying by March 20, 2022. This is a firm deadline as the national office needs time to process applications and prepare certificates in time for our initiation ceremony on April 2, 3:00 pm, 2022. Please note a change of venue - the ceremony will be in Patton Hall, Room 105. Your supporters are welcome to attend as well. If you have questions, please contact me - bhatc at ohio.edu

Our guest speaker is Dr. Nicole Hill, a proud alumna of our program. Here is some information about Dr. Hill:

Dr. Nicole Hill is Dean of the College of Education and Human Services at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Nicole Hill joined the Alpha chapter of Chi Sigma Iota as a Master's student at Ohio University, where she served as a student chapter leader. Since that time, Dr. Hill has served on the CSI Executive Council as President, Secretary, as Regional Chapter Facilitator, as Chapter Faculty Advisor for ten years, and on committees focused on chapter development and student members.

Dr. Hill is the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania and a member of the Upsilon chapter of CSI. Immediately prior to that, she was Department Chair, Doctoral Program Co-Coordinator, and CACREP Liaison at Syracuse University. She is committed to leadership and professional engagement that strengthens graduate education, counseling, counselor education, and supervision.

Her professional initiatives focus on cultivating faculty and student development, championing humanistic engagement in professional communities, and advocating for excellence. Her leadership as President of Chi Sigma Iota, President of Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, and Communications Officer for Counselors for Social Justice has contributed to a broader understanding of how to advance the profession through service and advocacy.

Kind regards

Dr. Bhat