[Counselor_Educ] FW: Request to distribute to students: Decolonizing the Counseling Curriculum Scale

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:46:44 EDT 2021

Attention doctoral students!

From: Bayne,Hannah B <hbayne at coe.ufl.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 9:06 PM
To: Bhat, Christine <bhatc at ohio.edu>
Subject: Request to distribute to students: Decolonizing the Counseling Curriculum Scale

Greetings Dr. Christine Bhat,

We hope this finds you well! We would like your assistance in forwarding the following email content to graduate students enrolled in the Counselor Education and Supervision (CES) program in your department. We are developing and validating a scale, with the hopes of offering a tool in the future to interested CES programs to examine CES program practices. We would like to include trainees in the instrument development process.

Thank you again for your support. We really appreciate you sharing the following with CES program trainees.

Sincerely,
Danica G. Hays, PhD (PI), University of Nevada- Las Vegas
Hannah Bayne, PhD (Co-PI), University of Florida

For questions or concerns about the study, you may contact Danica G. Hays at 702.895.3375.

For questions regarding the rights of research subjects, any complaints or comments regarding the manner in which the study is being conducted, contact the UNLV Office of Research Integrity - Human Subjects at 702-895-2794, toll free at 888-581-2794 or via email at IRB at unlv.edu<mailto:IRB at unlv.edu>.

CES Program Trainee:

We would like your assistance in the development and validation of a new scale, the Decolonizing the Counseling Curriculum Scale (DCCS). The DCCS is a survey designed to examine cultural and antiracist practices within counselor education programs. Data generated from this study will be used to determine the DCCS's structure, scoring method, reliability and validity.

It is our hope that the DCCS, once validated, can serve as a program evaluation tool for interested CES programs. Your voice as a CES trainee is incredibly important in validating this scale.

In order to have a rigorous scale, the development and validation of the DCCS will take place over multiple phases. For each phase of the study, you will receive a similar recruitment email. We appreciate your participation in any or all of the phases!

To review the study further, here is the informed consent document<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__drive.google.com_file_d_1EKxop4E5n-5FZ559b3rTHxPTAuRFJHxYl1_view-3Fusp-3Dsharing%26d%3DDwMFaQ%26c%3DsJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg%26r%3DuQESIxrjRnebaVaaE1zrjj36UTq9jFX6b4h3Raf-6-Q%26m%3DDq5Obpa3gsq4XKZR4cz6pUMzFZDvFhKZG36rZsqGkts%26s%3Det2gsfDb3_iwQmzqrKUwOSPWNxxMoHErUuOhk0J7MZc%26e%3D&data=04%7C01%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7C39d02c73148d4904f04a08d8e8b43a56%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C637515208050869908%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=OywKLNQXhOHdRWkO1sTr2KTTFVsC3iGEnFoI7tUkrjU%3D&reserved=0>.

Access the survey packet here https://unlv.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6fJ7D8JtkJ80nhI?program=OHIO

Thank you in advance for your support with this study!