[Counselor_Educ] FW: Surveying Counseling Professionals Attitudes Towards Psychedelics and Their Use in Therapy - Final Call

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 3 14:39:15 EDT 2020

Please see below research participation request:

Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

From: "Hearn, Benjamin (hearnbg)" <hearnbg at mail.uc.edu>
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 8:45 AM
Subject: Surveying Counseling Professionals Attitudes Towards Psychedelics and Their Use in Therapy - Final Call

Dear Counseling Program Chair or Coordinator,

My name is Ben Hearn and I am a doctoral student at the University of Cincinnati where I am conducting research on members of the counseling profession’s attitudes towards psychedelics and psychedelic-assisted therapies under the supervision of Dr. Michael Brubaker. Additionally, the study will explore the degree to which these attitudes can be predicted based upon members’ gender, age, religiosity/spirituality, and prior psychedelic use.

I have contacted you in hopes that you might forward this email to your graduate students and colleagues.

Eligible participants are:

  *   At least 18 years old & live in the United States
  *   Students in masters’ or doctoral counseling programs
  *   Counselor educators
  *   Licensed counselors (school, mental health, or rehabilitation)

This study uses an anonymous web-based survey that will take between 15-20 minutes to complete.

Participation in this survey is voluntary and your responses will be anonymous.

If you would like to participate, please follow this link (https://uceducation.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1N9IKtGL456537v) to a detailed information sheet and the survey. If you are a counselor educator, I would appreciate your forwarding this email to your colleagues and students.

This study has been approved by the University of Cincinnati’s Institutional Review Board (IRB# 2020-0458).

If you have any questions about the study, please contact me at hearnbg at mail.uc.edu<mailto:hearnbg at mail.uc.edu> or Dr. Brubaker at brubakml at ucmail.uc.edu<mailto:brubakml at ucmail.uc.edu>. If you have questions about your rights as a research participant you may contact the University of Cincinnati’s IRB at 513-558-5259 or irb at ucmail.edu<mailto:irb at ucmail.edu>

Thank you in advance for your time and participation!
-Ben Hearn

Ben Hearn
M.A., LPCC, NCC
Counselor Education & Supervision