[Counselor_Educ] FW: Dissertation research - request for participation

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:36:38 EDT 2020

Request to participate in research.

From: Nicole Hall <nicoha2 at mail.regent.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:08 AM
To: Bhat, Christine <bhatc at ohio.edu>
Subject: Dissertation research - request for participation

Hello Professor Bhat,
I hope you are well and that the program at Ohio U. is adjusting well to the challenges of COVID!

My name is Nicole Hall. I'm a co-director and faculty in Missio Seminary's Counseling program located in Philadelphia. www.missio.edu<http://www.missio.edu/>.

I am finishing up doctoral work and at the point where I am collecting data for my dissertation. My research looks at counselors-in-training self-awareness for multicultural counseling. I am wondering if you could help me out by dispersing my survey to current and recent Counseling students at OU?

This study was approved by Regent University's Human Subject Review Committee (HSRC) on July 1, 2020. HSRC approval #070120.

Researcher: Nicole L Hall 513-289-7429 nicoleluckmannhall at gmail.com<mailto:nicoleluckmannhall at gmail.com> or nicoha2 at regent.edu<mailto:nicoha2 at regent.edu>
Advisor: Dr. Jacquee Smith  jrsmith at regent.edu<mailto:jrsmith at regent.edu>

Our request to YOU:  Please support this research work by sending this survey out to current counseling students and recently graduated counseling students. Secondly, please provide this survey to anyone else that fits this description. We appreciate your support in this work.

Ideally, results of this study will be used in published articles, presentations, and dissertations.

Reasons & Purpose: This study is to answer critical questions about the facilitative factors for Counselors-in-Training self-awareness in Multicultural Counseling. Much discussion occurs in the literature and in training programs -- however, we do not know what personal characteristics aid in work of self-awareness. This quantitative study identifies thirteen factors found in the literature that are thought to increase self-awareness, but have never been comprehensively studied.

The anonymous survey link can be found here:
https://singuser4577d7b4.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9AC9KLHrI35ZpoV

Below: The official call for participation.

If you have questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to ask!
Warmly,
Nicole Hall

Official call for research participation:

Would you be willing to advance the counseling profession's look at multicultural competency? In light of the recent events in our country, studies like this are imperative to address what counselors can do, professionally and personally, to increase multicultural competence.  Because you are a current or recent graduate you meet the criteria for this study. The study is anonymous, and IP tracking disabled.

The study looks at: facilitative factors for Counselors-in-Training self-awareness in Multicultural Counseling. This quantitative study will help us understand the characteristics related to CIT self-awareness to aid in multicultural counseling competencies and program curricula.

This study was approved by Regent University's Human Subject Review Committee (HSRC) on July 1, 2020. HSRC approval #070120. FYI, the survey is longer than average at 20-25 minutes long.

Participants for this study must be:
1) enrolled or graduated from (within 18 months) a Counseling program in U.S. (does not need to be CACREP accredited)
2) enrolled in or already taken the Practicum course

This link to my survey can be sent out to anyone who meets the above criteria:
https://singuser4577d7b4.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9AC9KLHrI35ZpoV

--
Nicole L. Hall  LPCC-S(OH), LPC(PA), CTT
Phd Student - Counselor Education and Supervision - Regent University

Co-director/Assistant Professor of Counseling
Missio Seminary
421 N. 7th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  Email is not a secure medium of communication, therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Nevertheless, this message and any attachments are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C._2510-2521, and intended to be confidential and/or privileged.This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify me immediately, delete, and destroy the related message.