[Counselor_Educ] FW: Masters level counseling students are invited to participate in a dissertation study

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Mon Jun 3 13:15:17 EDT 2019

Please see below research participation request
Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Pronouns: she, her, hers
From: "Emir Oksuz, Elif (emiref)" <emiref at mail.uc.edu>
Date: Monday, June 3, 2019 at 12:39 AM
To: "Erby, Adrienne" <erby at ohio.edu>
Subject: Masters level counseling students are invited to participate in a dissertation study

Hello Dr. Erby
My name is Elif, and I am a doctoral candidate at the University of Cincinnati. Currently, I am  collecting data for my dissertation from all CACREP accredited masters level programs. Could you please share my participation invitation below with your students?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings Dear Students,
My name is Elif Emir Oksuz, and I am a doctoral candidate in the department of Counseling at the University of Cincinnati. Currently I am working on my dissertation which is about disability multicultural counseling competencies of counselor trainees in CACREP accredited programs.

I am inviting all masters level counseling students, regardless of specialty area, to participate in my study. To be eligible to participate, you must be a masters level student in a CACREP accredited program in the USA.

This survey will take 15-25 minutes to complete. Upon completion of data collection there will be a drawing for 5 (five) $20 Amazon gift cards in order to appreciate your participation.

Your participation is voluntary. You may decide not to participate or to withdraw your participation at any time without any negative consequences. It is not expected that you will be exposed to any risk by being in this research study. The data from this research study may be published; but you will not be identified by any personal information.

Following the survey participation, you will be prompted to a new page where you can enter your e-mail address for the gift card drawing. Entering this drawing will be optional, and your e-mail will not be matched with your answers.

If you have any questions or concerns about this research study, you can contact me at emiref at mail.uc.edu<mailto:emiref at mail.uc.edu> or, you may contact my committee chair Michael Brubaker, Ph.D. at brubakml at ucmail.uc.edu.

The UC Institutional Review Board reviews all research projects that involve human participants to be sure the rights and welfare of participants are protected. This study is reviewed and approved with the study number 2019- 0487.

If you have questions about your rights as a participant, complaints and/or suggestions about the study, you may contact the UC IRB at (513) 558-5259.  Or, you may call the UC Research Compliance Hotline at (800) 889-1547, or write to the IRB, 300 University Hall, ML 0567, 51 Goodman Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0567, or email the IRB office at irb at ucmail.uc.edu<mailto:irb at ucmail.uc.edu>.

Please click on the link below or copy and paste the link into your internet browser to access the survey if you are interested in
Compared to Firefox, Google Chrome provides better results for screen reader users in terms of accessibility.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fcincinnati.ca1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_50yfniKQM4vUpnv&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEBrfNqPThv9xTpzWmLOu6jPjNAKA<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fq%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcincinnati.ca1.qualtrics.com%252Fjfe%252Fform%252FSV_50yfniKQM4vUpnv%26sa%3DD%26sntz%3D1%26usg%3DAFQjCNEBrfNqPThv9xTpzWmLOu6jPjNAKA&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ceee578f8c4324e92125a08d6e8470d22%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636951789185558908&sdata=FNdEkFCUfzDWdA0XkULnv97qi4zF53YHANb90ZKCSpM%3D&reserved=0>

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

Regards,
Elif Emir Oksuz