[Counselor_Educ] FW: Research Participation Request (Please Forward)

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 23 20:19:45 EST 2019

Please see below research participation request

Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

From: "Collins, Jessica" <cojessi at okstate.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 4:44 PM
Subject: Research Participation Request (Please Forward)

Hello,

I am doctoral candidate at Oklahoma State University and am collecting data for my dissertation.

I am reaching out to you in hopes that you will kindly forward the following request for research

participation to students who are enrolled in your Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.

Dear Clinician,

My name is Jessica Collins, and I’m a doctoral candidate in counseling psychology at

Oklahoma State University. I am currently seeking master’s and doctoral-level mental health

clinicians (i.e., counselors, therapists, psychologists, or clinical social workers), in practice or in training

and who have begun seeing clients, to participate in my dissertation research, which

explores individual factors that could relate to mental health clinicians’ relationships with clients.

Participation will involve reading a hypothetical client vignette and providing a number

of responses in relation to what you’ve read. Additional questions pertaining to personal

judgments will also be asked, and demographic information will be requested. This survey

should take no more than 15 minutes to complete. In exchange for your participation, you can

provide your email address (which will not be connected with responses) at the end of the study,

and it will be entered into a random drawing for one of five $20 Amazon gift cards.

If you would like to participate, please click the link below and you will be directed to

another website on which the study is hosted. You may opt out of the study at any point by

closing your browser window. If you are not interested in participating at this time, please

forward this e-mail on to others you feel may be interested. If you have any questions about this

study, please contact me at cojessi at okstate.edu or my dissertation chair, Dr. Carrie Winterowd,

at carrie.winterowd at okstate.edu.

This research has been approved by Oklahoma State University’s Institutional Review

Board. IRB Protocol number: ED-18-118

Thank you,

Jessica Collins, M.A.

https://okstatecoe.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VhIaImnRTO2IxD