[Counselor_Educ] FW: OCA Update - Ferbuary 2019

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 21 15:33:44 EST 2019

Please see below news from OCA
Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

From: Ohio Counseling Association <admin at ohiocounseling.org>
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 2:40 PM
To: "Erby, Adrienne" <erby at ohio.edu>
Subject: OCA Update - Ferbuary 2019

Hello OCA Members! The latest news from your OCA

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/CPH%20Cert%20for%20web.jpg]The OCA is now offering Liability Insurance (free) with an upgraded Student Membership for only $50. The OCA partnered with CPH & Associates to make this happen and we know this can save our student members LOTS of money!  Check out the option on our LIABILITY INSURANCE PAGE<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/professional-liability-insurance> today.  Professional Member?  We also offer CPH insurance discounts to all levels and types of counselor professions.  there is a $10 discount just for being an OCA member plus more discounts for filing online, completing an ethics course, and more.

If you recently joined or renewed as a student, reach out to BOB<mailto:ocaexec at gmail.com> to see if you can upgrade for just $25.

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/Statehouse.jpg] OCA Legislative Advocacy Day - Tuesday, March 19, 2019:

Sign up now for our annual Legislative Advocacy Day - we are half way to capacity so you need to reg early to reserve a seat.  For just $20-25 you get a Day on the Hill learning about our latest actions to make life better for Counselors in Ohio, talk to your state representative, earn some CE credits, and enjoy some great food from Qdoba!  Some Chapters and Divisions offer grants to pay your way - check out the Advocacy Webpag<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/legislative-advocacy>e for more details.

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/AOCC_logo_rgb.jpg]The Call for Proposals has been released - if you want to present at the BEST Counselor Conference in the USA, CLICK HERE<http://www.allohiocc.org/events/all-ohio-counselors-conference-2018/custom-19-1ec8b564d8bc445a88d1e44510625704.aspx> for the details on the AOCC website or HERE<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/aocc-2018> for the info on the OCA Website. The deadline is May 1, 2019, don't wait until the last day, get it done before Spring arrives!

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/Spring%20Conf%20Flower.jpg] The OCA Spring Conference will be held March 20-21, 2019 (right after LA Day above) at the Embassy Suites Dublin Hotel.  This two day conference will feature 10 CE Credits (Ethics, Supervision, and General) as well as poster sessions, a networking reception, and Graduate/Doctoral Student events led by Amy Williams of YSU. Register Today<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/spring-conference-2019> and share THE PRELIMINARY PROGRAM<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Documents/2019%20Spring%20Conference%20Program.docx> with your colleagues.  More detail and updates are available on our Events Calendar<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/page-1758642> where you can register for this great event!  We have a lot of rates available for professional members and students.  Seating is limited so register early to be sure we can accommodate.  Overnight guest rooms are available and the hotel suites are big enough to share with a colleague!

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/job-search.jpg]The OCA Career Opportunities<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/page-1462886> lists current job openings for counselors across Ohio.  We post new openings as soon as they are offered and there are multiple openings posted now!  This webpage is available to OCA members only - you must log in to see the listings.  If you know of job openings, internships, or Grad/Doc positions, email Bob<mailto:ocaexec at gmail.com> to get them posted.

[https://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/OCA%20T-Shirt%20Design.jpg]OCA's FaceBook Page<https://www.facebook.com/ohiocounseling> is being used to keep you informed about coming events, advocacy, and the latest news for Ohio Counselors.  Be sure to visit, like, and follow our FB Page to remain up to date on our Social Media campaigns!  Many thanks to Nancy Baur and Christina Burr for keeping this page up to date!

The OCA Store<https://www.ohiocounseling.org/store> offers T-Shirt and Button Down Shirts with the OCA logo.  These make great gifts for your fellow counselors, your office staff, or star students in your Counselor program.

As always, if you have questions about the OCA or need support from your Association, contact me any time.

Bob Thomas<mailto:ocaexec at gmail.com>, OCA Executive Director 614.395.3341