[Counselor_Educ] Research participation request

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 22 12:15:20 EDT 2018

Please see below research participation request

Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>

Hello!

My name is Dr. Michael Gale, and I am an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Hartford.

My colleagues and I are working to develop a measure of graduate multicultural counseling training, and we are writing to invite you to participate in the scale validation study. As it is a scale validation study, we are hoping to recruit a large sample. This study is for both post-graduates and students! If you have received a Master’s or doctorate, or are currently a Master’s or doctoral student, in an applied mental health field (e.g., counseling psychology, clinical psychology, mental health counseling, social work, school counseling, school psychology, and rehabilitation counseling) and interested in participating in this study, please follow the included link to the Informed Consent page:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MCTValidation

Participants will be eligible to win one of 5 $20 Amazon gift cards; if you would like
to be entered into the drawing, submit your name and e-mail address to the e-mail address
listed at the end of the study.

Participation is voluntary, and your answers will be anonymous. The survey is expected to take approximately 20 minutes. There are no expected risks to this study; the benefit of this study is your contribution to the better understanding of multicultural counseling training that may help inform graduate training of counselor trainees.

This study has been approved by the Louisiana Tech University Institutional Review Board (HUC # 18-077). If you have any questions about the study, please feel free to contact Melanie Lantz, Ph.D., at mmlantz at latech.edu<mailto:mmlantz at latech.edu>. Members of the Human Use Committee of Louisiana Tech University may also be contacted if a problem cannot be discussed with the experimenters: Dr. Richard Kordal, Director of Intellectual Properties, and rkordal at latech.edu<mailto:rkordal at latech.edu>.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Michael
__
Michael M. Gale, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Pronouns: he/him/his
Graduate Institute of Professional Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Hartford
860.768.4278
gale at hartford.edu<mailto:gale at hartford.edu>