[Counselor_Educ] Legislative Advocacy Day!

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 5 16:40:15 EST 2018

Legislative Advocacy Day will be Wednesday April 11, 2018.  Registration is now open,[http://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/Statehouse.jpg] some chapters and divisions have scholarships to cover the $20 registration.  Visit the ADVOCACY WEBPAGE<http://www.ohiocounseling.org/page-863976> for all the details and to register today!  Our lobbyist will make appointments with your representative and we will provide training, information, and lunch to make this a great day of Advocacy!  We are working on approval for CE Hours for all attendees as an added bonus.

[http://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Pictures/Martina%20Moore%20crop.jpg]The OCA would like to congratulate our 2018-19 President Elect: Martina Moore of both Moore Counseling and Mediation Services and John Carroll University.  Martina is looking forward to becoming more involved in the OCA and following in the footsteps of Yegan and Adrianne.  Help me support Martina as she transitions to this role on July 1 of this year.  The President Elect represents the OCA at any events the President cannot attend and also learns how to manage the AOCC as an apprentice to the OCA President so she can take over the following year.

The OCA Spring Conference was held last week and we had about 75 attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers who all made it a grand success.  Attendees earned up to 10 CE hours and many took advantage of networking time at the reception, lunch, and time between presentations.  The Crowne Plaza Independence was a great host and provided wonderful food and service for all our events.  We will repeat this Spring Conference next March with a location to be announced.

The OCA President Elect, Adrianne Johnson, is looking for motivated and qualified OCA Members to fill positions of leadership for OCA Officer, Commmittee, Chapter, and Division offices as well as committee members for 2018-19.  If you are interested, HERE IS THE LIST <http://www.ohiocounseling.org/resources/Documents/OCA%20Leadership%202018.docx> of positions and openings and send your contact info and interest to BOB THOMAS <mailto:ocaexec at gmail.com>

We are conducting a survey on NBCC and how important those CE hours and certification are to our members.  The OCA provides CE hours via both CSWMFT and NBCC and we want to be sure we are focusing our efforts on the most popular and useful options. TAKE THE SURVEY<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ST3VLKD> via Survey Monkey to let us know what you think.

UPCOMING CHAPTER CE EVENTS:

March 9-10 GCCA Winter Workshop  CLICK HERE<http://www.ohiocounseling.org/event-2838354>

March 23 - COCA Continuing Education Day CLICK HERE<http://www.ohiocounseling.org/event-2842136>

These events and more are listed on the OCA Events Calendar<http://www.ohiocounseling.org/page-1758642> with all details!

Thanks to everyone for being a member of the best State Branch of the ACA and for relying on us for all your information, advocacy, networking, mentoring, and discounts relating to Counseling.  Contact BOB<mailto:ocaexec at gmail.com> if you have any questions, needs, or ideas for improvement!