[Counselor_Educ] FW: Request for Dissertation Participants

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 2 22:15:19 EDT 2018

Please see below dissertation participation request

Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
From: Terra Howell <tlh109 at zips.uakron.edu>
Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 9:37 PM
To: "Erby, Adrienne" <erby at ohio.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Request for Dissertation Participants

Dr. Erby,
My name is Terra Howell-Muth, and I am writing to request your assistance in recruiting participants for my dissertation study.  I am conducting a study titled: “Factors that Predict Dissertation Completion in Counselor Education and Supervision Doctoral Programs.”  The purpose of this study is to investigate factors that predict dissertation completion within Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral programs, including the advisory working alliance, social support, and research skills competence.  This research will lead to a better understanding of factors that may predict dissertation completion, and thereby assist in reducing attrition rates in doctoral programs.

To participate in this study, individuals must meet one of the following three criteria:

1.      Currently enrolled in a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program, and has been in the dissertation phase of the program for five years or longer;

2.      Were previously enrolled in a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program, where they were in the dissertation phase for five years or longer, but are no longer enrolled in the program; OR

3.      Have graduated from a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program within the last 12 months

The link to the survey is included here: https://akron.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3OThZdG0L6erwJT

This study has been approved by the University of Akron IRB (IRB Number: 20180305).  If there are any questions about this study, you can contact me at tlh109 at zips.uakron.edu, or 330-990-0181<tel:(330)%20990-0181>, or, my Dissertation Chair, Dr. Varunee Faii Sangganjanavanich at vs45 at uakron.edu, or 330-972-6851<tel:(330)%20972-6851>.  The University of Akron IRB can also be contacted via Attention: Sharon McWhorter, Associate, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325-2102.

If you could please pass this request on to current and/or past students, and individuals who have graduated in the last 12 months, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your assistance with this, and look forward to recruiting participants!

Terra Howell-Muth, M.A., M.Ed., LPCC-S

Doctoral Candidate, The University of Akron

Tlh109 at zips.uakron.edu

TO BE PASSED ON TO POTENTIAL PARTICIPANTS:

Dear Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral student/graduate,

My name is Terra Howell-Muth, a Doctoral Candidate at The University of Akron.  I am writing to request your participation in my dissertation study.  I am conducting a study titled: “Factors that Predict Dissertation Completion in Counselor Education and Supervision Doctoral Programs.”  The purpose of this study is to investigate factors that predict dissertation completion within Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral programs, including the advisory working alliance, social support, and research skills competence.  This research will lead to a better understanding of factors that may predict dissertation completion, and thereby assist in reducing attrition rates in doctoral programs.

To participate in this study, you must meet one of the following three criteria:

1.      Currently enrolled in a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program, and has been in the dissertation phase of the program for five years or longer;

2.      Were previously enrolled in a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program, where they were in the dissertation phase for five years or longer, but are no longer enrolled in the program; OR

3.      Have graduated from a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program within the last 12 months

This survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.  If you choose to participate, following your completion of the survey, you will have the choice to provide your email address and be entered into a drawing for one of five $25 Amazon gift cards.  If you choose to enter the drawing, you will be redirected to a separate survey at the end of this one, where you will provide your email address, and it will not be linked in any way to the responses you provide on the study survey.

To participate in this study, click the link below, read the instructions, and respond to the questions:  https://akron.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3OThZdG0L6erwJT

This study has been approved by the University of Akron IRB (IRB Number: 20180305).  If there are any questions about this study, you can contact me at tlh109 at zips.uakron.edu, or 330-990-0181<tel:(330)%20990-0181>, or, my Dissertation Chair, Dr. Varunee Faii Sangganjanavanich at vs45 at uakron.edu, or 330-972-6851<tel:(330)%20972-6851>.  The University of Akron IRB can also be contacted via Attention: Sharon McWhorter, Associate, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325-2102.

I thank you very much for your consideration of participating in this study!

Tlh109 at zips.uakron.edu