[Counselor_Educ] FW: [Second Request] Graduate Student Research Study Recruitment- Global Compassion Fatigue

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 19 09:47:47 EDT 2017

Please see below research participation request

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
McCracken Hall 432V
100 E. Union St.
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457
Fax: (740) 593-0477
Email: erby at ohio.edu  <mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Website: www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/>

From: Ariann Robino <noreply at qemailserver.com> on behalf of Ariann Robino <noreply at qemailserver.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 9:46 AM
To: "Erby, Adrienne" <erby at ohio.edu>
Subject: [Second Request] Graduate Student Research Study Recruitment- Global Compassion Fatigue

Dear Dr. Adrienne N. Erby,

This is the second invitation for participation in a research study on an emerging concept. If you have already participated, please disregard this email. Thank you for your assistance.

My name is Ariann Robino. I am a doctoral student in the Counselor Education and Supervision program at Virginia Tech. I am collecting data for a research project and would like to invite other counseling students working towards their master’s or doctoral degree to participate. Please share this invitation with your students. I am available to provide any additional information.

The purpose of this study is to explore counseling graduate students’ (both master’s and doctoral) awareness and experiences of an emerging phenomenon called global compassion fatigue. Based on relevant political, civil, and natural events, the researcher of this study proposes that the counseling field requires an expansion of the traditional notion of compassion fatigue (Figley, 1995) to capture counselors’ emotional fatigue related to global issues.

I am conducting this study under the supervision of Dr. Gerard Lawson, Virginia Tech Counselor Education and Supervision faculty. This study is being funded by the Virginia Association for Counselor Education and Supervision.

If you are 18 years or older and a graduate student (master’s and doctoral) in a CACREP-accredited program, I invite you to participate in this research. The study involves completion of a series of online surveys via Qualitrics. This process will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. You will be asked to complete a demographics form, a survey regarding your experiences and awareness of global compassion fatigue, and the Impact of Events Scale-R.

While no identifying information will be collected, you will be offered the opportunity to provide your email address at the end of the survey for entrance into a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift Card. The email address will not be linked to the survey. Participants have an approximately 1 in 50 chance of winning this drawing. Participation in the survey is voluntary and participants may drop out at any time. While there is no direct benefit, this will help advance and inform the counseling field.

We have obtained Institutional Review Board approval through Virginia Tech (IRB #17-443).

If you are willing to participate, please follow this link or copy and paste it into your browser:
https://proxy.qualtrics.com/proxy/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvirginiatech.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_2mIfQvd2Q6zvLOR&token=R8YyJwD8e9gw3pHAOwgDKU5UmUs9R9UymWspx0DqVpk%3D

If you have questions about this study, you may contact Ariann Robino at arobino at vt.edu<mailto:arobino at vt.edu>.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,