[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Please forward my doctoral research survey to your students

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Mon May 22 10:24:30 EDT 2017

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Professor and Chair
Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
Patton College of Education
432D McCracken Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 Phone
(740) 593-0477 Fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kaur, Varinder" <Varinder.Kaur at rockets.utoledo.edu<mailto:Varinder.Kaur at rockets.utoledo.edu>>
Date: May 22, 2017 at 10:12:27 AM EDT
To: "robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>" <robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Please forward my doctoral research survey to your students

Good Morning,

I am writing to you to request you to forward my survey request to the master level counseling students. Kindly forward the following email to your students, so that I can successfully complete my Doctoral Research:

My name is Varinder Kaur and I am a doctoral candidate in Counselor Education and Supervision at The University of Toledo. I am currently working with Dr. John Laux on completing my dissertation. The primary purpose of my study is to examine the relationship between counseling students’ mindfulness and stress when controlling for rumination.

I am in the process of recruiting participants and I would greatly appreciate your help in this process. To participate in this study, participants must be currently enrolled in a CACREP accredited master level counseling program in the State of Ohio. Participants will be asked to complete a demographic survey, a survey on stress, a survey on rumination, and a survey on mindfulness. The total time commitment for the survey is approximately 10-15 minutes. Participation in the study is completely voluntary and participants may withdraw at any time without penalty. There are no anticipated risks associated with participating in this study.

Data collected in connection with this study will remain anonymous. Information collected through participation in this study will be used to fulfill educational requirements and may be published in a professional journal or presented at a professional conference. I would like to invite your students to participate in my study. This research has been approved by the Institutional Review Board for protection of human subjects at the University of Toledo, Ohio. Please forward this e-mail announcement to your students. Thanks in advance for your help with this project!

Students may access the study by following the link enclosed in this email. For their participation they can enter their name into a drawing for a chance to win a $50.00 Amazon gift card.

If you have any questions regarding this study you may contact Varinder Kaur, LPC at varinder.kaur at rockets.utoledo.edu<mailto:varinder.kaur at rockets.utoledo.edu> or Dr. John Laux at John.Laux at utoledo.edu<mailto:John.Laux at utoledo.edu><mailto:John.Laux at utoledo.edu>

Please click the following link to access the survey (or copy the following link and paste it in your browser):
https://goo.gl/forms/WMYc8cBBudwUOnjt2<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FWMYc8cBBudwUOnjt2&data=02%7C01%7Cvarinder.kaur%40ROCKETS.UTOLEDO.EDU%7C6ae75a6329a646ba4aaf08d4970e746a%7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b%7C1%7C0%7C636299535733147591&sdata=TpOYk00UnCFHSlSopmO3ziIHYns7g8kX542GiNUZKW8%3D&reserved=0>
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FWMYc8cBBudwUOnjt2&data=02%7C01%7Cvarinder.kaur%40ROCKETS.UTOLEDO.EDU%7C6ae75a6329a646ba4aaf08d4970e746a%7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b%7C1%7C0%7C636299535733147591&sdata=TpOYk00UnCFHSlSopmO3ziIHYns7g8kX542GiNUZKW8%3D&reserved=0>
[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/zihQQ6mtcYuE6cOVJwa0j-dkXKqgrFz5IlZ2aRs9QF6XiKS7bE3Fk-Z1hO5I_HbTTAU=w1200-h630-p]

Informed Consent Information<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FWMYc8cBBudwUOnjt2&data=02%7C01%7Cvarinder.kaur%40ROCKETS.UTOLEDO.EDU%7C6ae75a6329a646ba4aaf08d4970e746a%7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b%7C1%7C0%7C636299535733147591&sdata=TpOYk00UnCFHSlSopmO3ziIHYns7g8kX542GiNUZKW8%3D&reserved=0>
goo.gl<http://goo.gl>
Please read the informed consent information mentioned below before starting the survey

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Varinder Kaur

VARINDER KAUR, LPC
Doctoral Candidate - Counselor Education and Supervision
School of Intervention & Wellness
College of Health & Human Services
The University of Toledo, Mail Stop 119
2801 W. Bancroft St., Toledo, OH 43606
Phone: (248) 220-0183
Rocket ID: R01147995

Qualitative Rewards of Counseling: It is a privilege to walk with persons, in their sufferings, to sit for hours at a time with the magic and the mystery of the human condition, to be continually intellectually stimulated and emotionally stirred, to be energetic when clients make strides or experience victories over their circumstances, and to regularly find joy in one's work. May everyone have such an impression benefits package in their life's work -  Judith A. Harrington