[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Research Participation Request: Counselor Self Awareness

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Fri May 5 05:18:37 EDT 2017

Please see below request for research participation

ANE
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Keefer, Alex C" <ackeefer at albany.edu<mailto:ackeefer at albany.edu>>
Date: May 3, 2017 at 9:21:21 PM GMT+2
To: "erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>" <erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Research Participation Request: Counselor Self Awareness

Hello Dr. Erby,

I am reaching out to you because of your involvement in your counseling program. I am writing to ask if you would be willing to distribute our scale-development survey (invitation below https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=169783) to the counseling students at your program for research purposes? I am a student in counseling psychology at the University at Albany SUNY and am involved in research with Dr. Alex Pieterse on Counselor Self-Awareness. An invitation and link to the study is below.

We appreciate your consideration,

Alex Keefer

Masters Student, Mental Health Counseling

University at Albany, State University of New York

I would like to invite you to participate in a research study focusing on counselor self-awareness. The research is designed to provide a greater understanding of the role of therapist and counselor self-awareness. A first step is to accurately measure a counselor’s level of self-awareness, which is the primary focus of this study. Participation involves 15 minutes of your time, in which you respond to the items on the self-awareness measure as well as a brief demographic questionnaire. Your responses will be confidential and all data analyses will take place at the group level. This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at the University at Albany. If you are interested please click on the following URL or copy and paste it into your internet browser:

https://www.psychdata.com/s.asp?SID=169783

Thank you for your consideration of this request

Alex L. Pieterse, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Training Director, Doctoral Program
Division of Counseling Psychology
University at Albany, State University of New York
ED 216, 1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12222
Ph:  (518) 437-4423<tel:%28518%29%20437-4423>
Fax: (518) 442-4953<tel:%28518%29%20442-4953>