[Counselor_Educ] Invitation for Counselor Educators of Ohio to Participate in Generic Qualitative Study on Self-Care

Erin Doherty edoherty at capellauniversity.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:55:38 EST 2017

Dear Counselor Educators:

Hello, my name is Erin Doherty and I am a doctoral learner in Capella
University’s counselor education and supervision program.  I am
writing to extend an invitation to participate in a generic
qualitative study exploring how counselor educators who engage in
self-care routines perceive their career development.  At present,
there seems to be a significant noticeable gap between the knowledge
regarding self-care of counselor educators and their perceptions
regarding their career development.  Little research is available
specifically utilizing counselor educators as participants in this
type of research topic.   Participation in the proposed study is
strictly voluntary, and is believed to strengthen the current
knowledge base, which may subsequently enrich the field of counselor
education and supervision as a whole.  It is hoped to obtain a
participant sample of ten counselor educators employed in the state of
Ohio.  Eligible participants will include adult counselor educators
who are who are currently teaching in Ohio, including adjunct faculty.
Participants must at least have one term of teaching experience in
counselor education, whether it be a quarter or semester, at the university
in which they are currently employed, excluding hours and duties
completed for internship requirements.  Eligible participants must indicate
that they engage in some type of self-care, whether it be exercise, hobbies, or
alternative activities.

Potential participants who have generated an interest in participation
can reach me by telephone or email:

edoherty at capellauniversity.edu

(330) 309-0682

I genuinely appreciate your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Erin E. Doherty