[Counselor_Educ] FW: Please FORWARD to All Doctoral Students in Your Program

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 21 12:43:57 EST 2017

Please see below invitation to participate in research

Thanks!

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
Counselor Education Program Coordinator
Lecturer and Interim Director of the George E. Hill Center
McCracken Hall 437A
100 E. Union St.
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457
Fax: (740) 593-0477
Email: erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Website: www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/>

From: "Georgiou, Gregory" <ggeorgi2 at uncc.edu>
Date: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:13 AM
To: "Erby, Adrienne" <erby at ohio.edu>
Subject: Please FORWARD to All Doctoral Students in Your Program

Dear Fellow CACREP Doctoral Student,

            My name is Gregory Georgiou and I am inviting you to participate in an online survey as part of my dissertation requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Counselor Education and Supervision at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The purpose of the study is to examine the program factors and personal factors that affect dissertation self-efficacy in counselor education doctoral students. One goal of this research is to assist doctoral students, counselor education faculty, and universities to implement strategies that will increase dissertation completion rates and decrease the personal and institutional costs of dissertation non-completion.

            All doctoral students who are enrolled either full-time or part-time in a CACREP-accredited program are eligible to participate.

            The online survey will take approximately ten minutes to complete. If you choose to participate in this study, your information will be kept confidential and anonymous. If you would like to be entered into a drawing to receive one of the twenty-five $20.00 Amazon.com gift cards, your email address will not be linked to your survey responses.

Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at ggeorgi2 at uncc.edu<mailto:emerril5 at uncc.edu>  UNC Charlotte wants to make sure that all research participants are treated in a fair and respectful manner.  Contact the university’s Office of Research Compliance at (704) 687-1871<tel:%28704%29%20687-1871> if you have questions about your rights as a study participant.

            If you would like to participate in this study, click on the link below or paste it into your web browser and you will be directed to the Informed Consent Form. After you review the Informed Consent Form by clicking on the ‘Yes’ button, you will begin the online survey.
http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AYAQWPB

 Thank you for your consideration and assistance with this study.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Georgiou, LPC                            Dr. Susan Furr, Ph.D.

Doctoral Candidate                                        Professor

Department of Counseling                             Department of Counseling
University of North Carolina at Charlotte       University of North Carolina at Charlotte