[Counselor_Educ] FW: Youngstown State University School Counselor Research

Counselor Education Program counseloreducation at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 4 15:03:28 EDT 2017

Please see below research participation request:

Thanks!

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
Counselor Education Program Coordinator
Lecturer and Interim Director of the George E. Hill Center
McCracken Hall 437A
100 E. Union St.
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457
Fax: (740) 593-0477
Email: erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Website: www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/>

From: Casie A Bullen <cabullen at student.ysu.edu>
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 2:50 PM
To: Counselor Education Program <counseloreducation at ohio.edu>
Cc: Sung Hee Lee <shlee at ysu.edu>, Amy E Williams <aewilliams02 at ysu.edu>
Subject: Youngstown State University School Counselor Research

Dr. Adrienne Erby,

Hello, my name is Casie Bullen and I am a graduate student in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling track at Youngstown State University (YSU). I am a graduate assistant and am conducting research with the supervision of the professor I work for, Dr. Sung Hee Lee, who is a Special Education teacher for undergraduate and graduate level courses. I am also being supervised by Dr. Amy Williams, an assistant professor at YSU who has expertise in research and the field of counseling.

The purpose of the research is to investigate how school counselors use and perceive technology-based applications, or apps, to support elementary school students with disabilities. This study is titled K-5 School Counselors' Use and Perception of Apps for Students with Disabilities. We will conduct an online survey through SurveyMonkey.com. This research has already been approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in the Office of Research at YSU.

The participants we are recruiting are going to be K-5 school counselors in the entire state of Ohio. Yet, I do not have access to this information. I was wondering if there was a way to receive an email list of the previous graduates in your school counseling program to be able to email my survey to? Or, I would like to know if you can please forward my survey through your listserv. If this option is more appropriate, and if possible, it would be very beneficial to receive the number of members that will be emailed for future publication information (e.g. “100 individuals participated in this survey and 500 were contacted”).

All the information will be confidential and no personal contact information will be collected including the IP address. There are no foreseeable risks or benefits to the counselors, however, their participation will aid in the understanding of how other K-5 counselors use and perceive apps as tools for counseling students with disabilities.

Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me or if there is another contact to reach out to in order to receive this information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email (cabullen at student.ysu.edu). Also, if you need to contact my supervisors, Dr. Lee, please feel free to contact her at shlee at ysu.edu or at 330-941-7240, and Dr. Williams at aewilliams02 at ysu.edu or at 330-941-3307.

I appreciate your time in reading this email and I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you again,

Casie Bullen

Casie A. Bullen

Graduate Assistant/Student