[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Admissions information for Master's Program in Counselor Education Ohio University Pickerington

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 16 22:17:57 EDT 2016

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Associate Professor and Chair
Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
Patton College of Education
79 S. Court Street
N248 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 Phone
(740) 593-0477 Fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Byrne, Andrew" <byrnea at ohio.edu<mailto:byrnea at ohio.edu>>
Date: June 12, 2016 at 12:07:35 AM EDT
To: "Byrne, Andrew" <byrnea at ohio.edu<mailto:byrnea at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Admissions information for Master's Program in Counselor Education Ohio University Pickerington

Greetings,

The Counselor Education program at Ohio University is pleased to announce that we are assembling a regional cohort for the Ohio University Pickerington Center. The program is slated to begin when we have completed recruitment using a rolling admissions process. If enough qualified students are admitted by Fall semester 2016, the cohort will begin this Fall. If recruitment continues beyond July 31, 2016, all accepted students will be offered admission to the regional program beginning in January 2017 instead.

The regional cohort program planned for Pickerington follows the academic calendar (approximately 15 weeks per semester) and is offered in fall, spring, and summer semesters for two and one half years, with an anticipated graduation date of December, 2018. Each term, one course is scheduled for Friday evening (5pm-8pm) and two are scheduled for Saturday (9am-12pm; lunch break; 1pm-5pm). This is a graduate degree program, so prospective students should consider the intense level of work and commitment outside of classes, required to earn a master's degree in a healthcare field.

This program is known for producing counselors, leaders and faculty found across the nation and world, and being the first and founding chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, the counseling honorary society. It is the only fully, nationally accredited clinical rehabilitation / clinical mental health counseling program in the greater Columbus area. All of our faculty are licensed and/or certified in counseling specialties, and provide diverse, expert viewpoints from a variety of counseling theories and practices. We are proud to offer this regional cohort program.

If you are up to the challenge, we hope that you will consider applying. If you are one of our stakeholders and other friends of the program, please pass this announcement on to those who may be interested. You will find our regional program informational flyer attached to this email for your perusal. Please feel free to share our flyer to other interested parties, and please contact me if you have any questions.