[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Fixed Term Faculty Position @ Central Michigan University

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Fri Dec 16 11:48:26 EST 2016

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Professor and Chair
Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
Patton College of Education
79 S. Court Street
N252 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 Phone
(740) 593-0477 Fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Allison Arnekrans <allisonarnekrans at GMAIL.COM<mailto:allisonarnekrans at GMAIL.COM>>
Date: December 15, 2016 at 1:29:05 PM EST
To: <CESNET-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU<mailto:CESNET-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU>>
Subject: Fixed Term Faculty Position @ Central Michigan University

Greetings CESNET,

Central Michigan University's Counseling Program, located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, is currently hiring! We are looking to fill a FIXED TERM LECTURER FACULTY POSITION effective August 2017. Please visit the following website to learn about the position and/or to apply: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/25579! Questions can be directed to Dr. Twinet Parmer parme1t at cmich.edu<mailto:parme1t at cmich.edu>. Application review will begin January 20, 2017. The full position description is below.

Dr. Allison Arnekrans
Assistant Professor
Central Michigan University
arnek1ak at cmich.edu<mailto:arnek1ak at cmich.edu>

FIXED TERM LECTURER FACULTY POSITION

CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY

Mt. Pleasant, Michigan

The Counselor Education Unit in the Department of Counseling and Special Education at Central Michigan University is now accepting applications for a full time fixed-term faculty position in the area of counselor education at the level of lecturer effective August 2017. This position includes an initial appointment of two years, with the potential for a multiple-year renewal based upon demonstrated abilities and needs of the department.

We are seeking a counselor educator who can teach a variety of graduate courses in the counseling curriculum at our Mt. Pleasant campus, as well as through our Global Campus program at off-campus locations. The position will include teaching courses in practicum, internship, assessment, and research.  In addition to teaching, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing the daily operations of the practicum clinic. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in several of the following: demonstrated supervision training such as Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), graduate course in supervision or CEUs, clinical work related to individual and group counseling, and clinical directorship (paperwork, triage, promotion of clinic, cross-campus interactions).  Demonstrated competence in teaching with advanced technological platforms, hybrid pedagogy and in an online environment is preferred.

Applicants for this position must possess an earned doctorate in counselor education (or ABD with a completion date of August 2017). CMU’s Counseling Program is CACREP aligned and we are currently pursuing accreditation. We welcome applicants who bring experience with CACREP accreditation processes including self-study, initial review, and site visits.  The candidate must be knowledgeable regarding ACA and NBCC.  Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate a professional counseling identity, including membership in ACA or other counseling professionals associations.  Certification as a National Certified Counselor and eligibility for the Licensed Professional Counselor credential in the state of Michigan are strongly preferred.

Central Michigan University is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity for all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities (http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie/).

The on-line application process will include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness, including student course evaluations, and copies of official transcripts. Please apply using the following website: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/25579. Additionally, three letters of recommendation are to be emailed directly to Twinet Parmer, Ph.D. at: parme1t at cmich.edu<mailto:parme1t at cmich.edu>. Questions may also be directed to Twinet Parmer, Ph.D. Application review will begin January 20, 2017.