[Counselor_Educ] Chi Sigma Iota Alpha Chapter Alumni

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Fri Aug 12 13:17:33 EDT 2016

Greetings Alumni of the Alpha chapter of Chi Sigma Iota!

The current executive board is reaching out to you as part of our initiative to bridge the gap between our students and our prestigious past members and affiliates of the counseling profession. In order to follow this plan, we wanted to give you a couple of items to ensure that this goal is accomplished, but first a little information about our 2016-2017 executive board:

President: Huan Tang Lu
Huan-Tang Lu is a 2nd year doctoral student in Counselor Education and Supervision. His research interests include addiction counseling, integrated health care, social justice and professional identity. His career goal is to be a counselor educator and counselor-advocate-scholar.

Vice- President: Simone Hicks
Simone Hicks is a 2nd year Ph.D. Student at Ohio University in Counselor Education and Supervision. Her research interest encompasses: people with disabilities, transition planning, and the impacts of inaccessibility. Upon completion of program, she plans to work as a Counselor Educator as well as starting private practice work in helping adults with disabilities explore their employment options.

Secretary: Rebecca Smith
Rebecca Smith is a 2nd year Ph.D. Student at Ohio University in Counselor Education and Supervision. Her research interest includes: includes the interactions between social media and social wellbeing, and its implications for counselors. Upon completion of the program, she plans to work as a Counselor Educator as well as working with the severely mentally ill in an adult outpatient clinic.

Treasurer: Victoria Little
Victoria is a 2nd year Masters student working on her Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling degree. Victoria is currently doing her practicum/ internship at Health Recovery Services (HRS) here in Athens. After graduating, Victoria hopes to go back home to Cleveland and continue her work in addiction and furthering her counseling career.

Advisor: Dr. Andrew Byrne
Dr. Byrne researches technology and novel interventions in counseling. He earned master degrees in substance abuse & clinical counseling, and rehabilitation counseling at East Carolina University (Rho Omega Chapter) where he later completed a PhD in Rehabilitation Counselor Education. Prior to his 2013 appointment at Ohio University, Andrew taught in the rehabilitation and mental health counseling program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, having served as a clinical therapist, addictions therapist, and vocational rehabilitation counselor in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. He is a licensed professional counselor and a certified rehabilitation counselor.

Co Advisor Dr. Tamarine Foreman
Dr. Foreman received degrees from Otterbein College and the University of Dayton.  After working as a licensed professional clinical counselor and supervisor with children and families in Ohio, she completed a doctoral degree at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro in Counseling and Counselor Education.  Dr. Foreman's research centers on understanding the impact of working with people who have experienced trauma by examining vicarious traumatization and posttraumatic growth with the goals of illuminating these processes, inspiring commitment to wellness, and supporting the developmental journey of counselors.

For our members who are on social media, we do have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/5139548270/) that we will be keeping updated throughout the year with events, pictures, job postings, and other activities going on with the Alpha chapter, with your help of course.

Another goal we have is to publish at least one to two newsletters in the year of 2016 - 2017.  We would like for the members of the Alpha Chapter to get to know you! Please let us know if you are interested in being interviewed by emailing Huan-Tang Lu at  hl586715 at ohio.edu<mailto:hl586715 at ohio.edu>.

At this time we do have a few up and coming events that will be happening once Fall semester begins, which are included in the document attached to this email. Please read it and if you can join us for some of our events!

We are excited about all the events we have planned for the school year and would love to keep you posted on our activities. We have a list of our past members, but the email addresses in the system may not be valid any longer so if you would like to receive information from the chapter, please send your updated email to vl272707 at ohio.edu<mailto:vl272707 at ohio.edu>. On behalf of the Alpha chapter of CSI we thank you for your much needed support in continuing the mission of the organization for local campus based chapters, which is to serve as a link between our respective communities to promote interactions between counselor educators, students, alumni, and local professionals. Hope to see and/or hear from you soon!

Thank You

Victoria Little
Master of Education- Candidate-- Ohio University
Clinical rehabilitation Counseling---- Patton College of Education
Bachelor of Arts--Ohio University
Theater Major specialization in performance--College of Fine Arts

Thanks!

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
Counselor Education Program Coordinator
Lecturer and Interim Director of the George E. Hill Center
79  S. Court Street
N160F Lindley Hall
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457