[Counselor_Educ] Stand with LPC's in TN

Bowen, Nikol bowenn at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 6 09:50:31 EDT 2016

Dear ACA Member,

As you may know HB 1840 passed the TN House Health Committee on Wednesday, March 23rd. While we have been able to change the minds of some key legislators, we must continue reaching out to those who remain undecided!

HB 1840 has been proposed in direct response to ACA's code of ethics (section A.11.b.).  Discrimination for any reason is against ACA's Code of Ethics (sections A.4., A.11., and C.7.) and the profession upholds the principle that as counselors, we should do no harm.

We are asking all ACA members to please sign the petiton below (by clicking the link) and stand with LPCs in TN!

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/tell-the-tennessee-legislatu-1

Add your name to the petition and stand up against discrimination!

Nikol Bowen, PhD, PCC
Assistant Professor
Practicum & Internship Coordinator
Counseling and Higher Education
Patton College of Education
Ohio University
bowenn at ohio.edu<mailto:bowenn at ohio.edu>

twitter.com/oupattoncollege<http://twitter.com/oupattoncollege>
www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS<https://mail.ohio.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=2JT-dBA5qUGN1WW7Rz_ZVUOCiOUG-tBIRXZjazULcRBCaP4eh8dYsu2J4BGvYbvLDLloii50d8k.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fPattonCEHS>
www.linkedin.com/in/pattoncollege<https://mail.ohio.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=2JT-dBA5qUGN1WW7Rz_ZVUOCiOUG-tBIRXZjazULcRBCaP4eh8dYsu2J4BGvYbvLDLloii50d8k.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.linkedin.com%2fin%2fpattoncollege>
<https://mail.ohio.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=2JT-dBA5qUGN1WW7Rz_ZVUOCiOUG-tBIRXZjazULcRBCaP4eh8dYsu2J4BGvYbvLDLloii50d8k.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fuser%2fOhioPattonCollege>www.youtube.com/user/OhioPattonCollege<http://www.youtube.com/user/OhioPattonCollege>