[Counselor_Educ] FW: Research Participants Requested

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 16 18:05:35 EDT 2015

From: OCA Listserve [mailto:OCA-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU] On Behalf Of Claudia Sadler-Gerhardt
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:25 PM
To: OCA-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU
Subject: Research Participants Requested

Greetings! My name is Claudia Sadler-Gerhardt, and I am an Associate Professor in Ashland's CMHC program. I am conducting a qualitative research study on the experience of counselor trainees who lose a client to suicide during practicum or internship, or who had/have a therapeutic relationship with a client who lost a loved one to suicide. Interviews will take approximately 60-90 minutes and can be either face to face or via Skype, depending on location and preference. I will have a small gift card for all participants.
This research has been approved by Ashland University's Human Services Review Board (# 02-02-15-#068). The study will be a phenomenological study of the experience and the perceived needs of CTs during and after the suicidal event. Participants can be either current Master's or Doctoral level students or graduates if they had a client suicide during their practicum or internship.  If you are a Counselor Educator or Supervisor whose student has experienced a client's suicide, or a client's family member's suicide, please consider referring that person to me. My personal email is cgerhard at ashland.edu<mailto:cgerhard at ashland.edu>

Thank you very much!
Claudia

--
Claudia Sadler-Gerhardt, PhD, PCC-S