[Counselor_Educ] FW: request for research participation

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 6 14:28:44 EDT 2015

From: Byrne, Steve [mailto:byrne at alfred.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 11:06 AM
Cc: Ost, Alisha R
Subject: FW: request for research participation

Hello colleagues,

My apologies for pestering you at this busy time of year.

In February, I sent an email (below) asking counseling program directors to forward a request for research participation to your students. A paragraph with the link to the survey is below.  I know that this might be the busiest time of the semester (it certainly is for us at Alfred), but if you could please re-send this invitation to your students, it would be incredibly helpful. In our survey of graduate students' utilization of counseling, we would like to make sure that all areas are fairly represented, so having participants from all over the country and from all tracks of counseling will give us a much clearer picture on how and why (or why not) our students are engaging in this particular form of self-care.

And while I can offer no tangible rewards for participation, please know that you and your students would have my heartfelt thanks, a copious amount of 'research karma,' and the satisfaction of having contributed to the growing body of literature on this subject.

If you have already sent the request to students, THANK YOU, and a reminder email to them would be fantastic.

Many thanks,
Steve Byrne
http://studentvoice.com/alfred/personalcounseling