[Counselor_Educ] Fourth Annual Girl Power Etiquette Formal

Daniels, Shea ss298506 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:35:00 EST 2014

Hello everyone! I'm Shea, a first year M.Ed student at OU-C, and I am coordinating the Fourth Annual Girl Power Etiquette Formal.

Girl Power is an Athens County Children Services program for identified at-risk teen girls. Girl Power provides peer and mentor support, access to social workers and support systems, fun trips, and more, for the girls who need it most. During the Etiquette Formal girls receive a gently used dress or suit and attend dinner at the volunteer staffed Fanciest Restaurant in the World. Learning outcomes include etiquette skills and increased knowledge of world cultures.  Best of all, the Formal is a -lot- of fun.

Opportunities to help include:

-Volunteer Waiters

-Female volunteers to eat dinner with the girls while modeling etiquette and conversational skills

-Volunteer cooks and decorators

-Volunteer dish washing superheroes

-Volunteer speaker(s) (one or more women excited about discussing their culture and answering girls' questions)

-Volunteers to paint nails and do hair at schools before the event starts

-Donating gently formal outfits (dresses, shoes, suits, etc.)

For more information please email me (Shea) at ss298506 at ohio.edu.

Peace,

- - - - -

Shea Daniels
ss298506 at ohio.edu
M.Ed, School Based & Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Ohio University - Chillicothe Class of 2016