[Counselor_Educ] FW: Notice of the passing of a colleague

Byrne, Andrew byrnea at ohio.edu
Thu Dec 25 07:30:14 EST 2014

From: CESNET-L is a unmoderated listserv concerning counselor ed. & supervision [CESNET-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU] On Behalf Of Kelly Wester [klwester at UNCG.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:00 PM
To: CESNET-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU
Subject: Notice of the passing of a colleague

>From the Department of Counseling and Educational Development and The University of North Carolina at Greensboro,

It is with deepest sadness that we announce the passing of Dr. Jane Myers following a battle with cancer. Jane was the Executive Director of Chi Sigma Iota International as well as a  faculty member from our Department. Her professional accomplishments were extensive, including ACA President and extensive publications related to wellness in counseling. Her impact on the counseling field, and other professionals, will be felt forever.

Jane is survived by her husband, Tom Sweeney. There will be a memorial service early in 2015 to honor the life and work of Dr. Jane Myers.

--
Kelly L. Wester, PhD, NCC, LPC
Associate Professor
Department of Counseling and Educational Development
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
PO Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402
(P) 336-223-5312; (F) 336-334-3433
klwester at uncg.edu<mailto:klwester at uncg.edu>
http://about.me/kellywester
http://ced.uncg.edu/people/faculty-profiles/dr-kelly-l-wester/

Take a moment to check us out on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/UNCG-Department-of-Counseling-and-Educational-Development/<http://www.facebook.com/pages/UNCG-Department-of-Counseling-and-Educational-Development/306293056090011>
-----

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher