[Counselor_Educ] FREE WEBINAR: The Experiences of LGBT Youth Online

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 9 09:57:27 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I am passing along this great learning opportunity on behalf of Lacey Rogers.

Best

Dr Bhat

-----

Resources and Risks: The Experiences of LGBT Youth Online
Wednesday, July 10 4-5 pm

FREE WEBINAR hosted by GLSEN Research highlighting the findings related to LGBT youth’s experiences online, including bullying/harassment and use of the Internet to access relevant information, find supportive peers, and be civically engaged. We will also examine how online experiences differ between LGBT and non-LGBT youth, and how online experiences and resources may influence well-being. Finally, we will recommend some strategies for educators and advocates of LGBT youth to support the needs of LGBT youth both online and in person.

Athens Ohio Area PFLAG has coordinated with Ohio University for use of a classroom to view this webinar in a group setting. Discussion to follow.

Please join us in person -- or register and take part in this training on your own.

Register here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/whsda71jp8ad&eom

Lacey G. Rogers
Residence Director
Bryan Hall

East Green Office
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701-2979

T: 740.597.3688
lr270306 at ohio.edu

www.ohio.edu/housing
www.facebook.com/OHIO.housing
www.twitter.com/OU_ResHousing

Christine Suniti Bhat, Ph.D., L.P.C., L.S.C.
Past-President, Ohio Counseling Association (OCA), 2013-2014
Associate Professor, Counselor Education
Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701

Office: McCracken Hall, 374
Phone: 740-593-4425; Fax: 740-593-0477; Email: bhatc at ohio.edu
Website: http://www.cehs.ohio.edu/facultystaff/bhatc/