[Counselor_Educ] Congratulations to the Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 5 07:42:58 EDT 2013

Good Morning,

I am delighted to announce that the Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota was recognized with two awards at the Ohio University Leadership Gala on April 3, 2013. I was teaching and meeting students and never made it to the gala - what a night to miss it! But our chapter was well-represented by students representatives of the chapter.

Congratulations to the Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota for winning the Edwin L. Kennedy Leadership Award for Outstanding Community Service.

Congratulations to Laura Pressley, outgoing President of the Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota for winning the Outstanding Graduate Student Leadership Award (Doctoral).

The Alpha Chapter of CSI has been exemplary for the past few years. I appreciate and recognize the leadership of recent past presidents Natalie Williams and Kate Kostohryz. And I'd like to thank all the students who have worked so hard on chapter initiatives under Laura's leadership, and under the leadership of those who came before Laura. Thanks also to Dr. Leinbaugh who serves as back-up faculty advisor of the the chapter.

I am proud to serve as chapter faculty advisor and look forward to working with Jessica Henry and her team next year!

Warm regards,

Dr Bhat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christine Suniti Bhat, Ph.D., P.C
President, Ohio Counseling Association (OCA), 2012-2013
Associate Professor, Counselor Education
Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701

Office: McCracken Hall, 374
Phone: 740-593-4425
Fax: 740-593-0477