[Counselor_Educ] FW: Mental health and the College Population

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Tue May 3 18:35:44 EDT 2011

Dear faculty, staff, students,

Graduate students from the department of Social Work at Ohio University will be hosting a structured discussion hour, facilitated by students, to talk about mental health concerns on college campuses. The event will be held on Tuesday, May 10th, 6:30-8pm in Grover E205. Themes of the conversation will include:

-Misconceptions and stigmas associated with mental illness and mental health challenges

-Barriers that prevent students from seeking mental health services

-How we as a community can work towards dissolving the stigma

We ask that you please forward this email, along with the attached flier, to all students, faculty, and staff in your department. Please encourage them all to join us in this very important discussion. We hope to see you there. Thank you!

*Event Flier Attached

Anna Seno
Graduate Assistant
Field Studies Program