[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: SAMHSA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

robinsoh at ohio.edu robinsoh at ohio.edu
Fri May 22 07:42:25 EDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from "Speight, Carlton D. (SAMHSA/OA)"
<Carlton.Speight at SAMHSA.HHS.GOV> -----
From: "Speight, Carlton D. (SAMHSA/OA)" <Carlton.Speight at SAMHSA.HHS.GOV>
To: CMHS_ADCA_ENEWS at LIST.NIH.GOV
Subject: SAMHSA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:19:42 -0400

CMHS CONSUMER AFFAIRS E-NEWS MAY 21, 2009

SAMHSA Employment Opportunities

USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov <http://www.usajobs.gov/> ) has an option that
allows you to enter search criteria and request that vacancy
announcements which meet your criteria are automatically sent to the
e-mail address that you designate, when the vacancy announcement opens.
Questions and Answers from the USAJOBS website have been posted to the
end of this e-mail, and they explain more about how you can set up this
option.

5/22/2009

Secretary
<http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=80895456&AVSDM=2009%2D05%
2D11+00%3A03%3A01&Logo=0&q=SAMHSA&FedEmp=Y&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&Fe
dPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=95&SUBMIT1.y=7>
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services
(DHHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
(SAMHSA), Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS)/Center f ...[more
<http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=80895456&AVSDM=2009%2D05%
2D11+00%3A03%3A01&Logo=0&q=SAMHSA&FedEmp=Y&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&Fe
dPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=95&SUBMIT1.y=7> ]

Vacancy Ann.#:

HHS-SMA-2009-0038

Who May Apply:

Status Candidates

Pay Plan:

GS-0318-07/08

Appointment Term:

Permanent

Job Status:

Full-Time

Opening Date:

5/11/2009

Salary:

>From 41,210.00 to 59,333.00 USD per year

5/22/2009

Public Health Advisor
<http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=80895391&AVSDM=2009%2D05%
2D11+00%3A03%3A01&Logo=0&q=SAMHSA&FedEmp=Y&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&Fe
dPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=95&SUBMIT1.y=7>
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services
(DHHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
(SAMHSA), Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS), Division ...[more
<http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=80895391&AVSDM=2009%2D05%
2D11+00%3A03%3A01&Logo=0&q=SAMHSA&FedEmp=Y&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&Fe
dPub=Y&SUBMIT1.x=95&SUBMIT1.y=7> ]

Vacancy Ann.#:

HHS-SMA-2009-0039

Who May Apply:

Agency Employees Only

Pay Plan:

GS-0685-11/11

Appointment Term:

Permanent

Job Status:

Full-Time

Opening Date:

5/11/2009

Salary:

>From 60,989.00 to 79,280.00 USD per year

Public Health Advisor
<http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=81123855&JobTitle=Public+H
ealth+Advisor&q=SAMHSA&vw=d&re=10&fedemp=Y&fedemp=N&fedpub=Y&jbf565=&cal
ler=default.aspx&pg=1&cnme=Rockville&rad=20&rad_units=miles&AVSDM=2009-0
5-21+07%3a39%3a00>

Health & Human Services, Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Admin

US-MD-Rockville

$86,927.00+

6/4/09

This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services
(DHHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
(SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), Offi ... more
<http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=81123855&JobTitle=Public+H
ealth+Advisor&q=SAMHSA&vw=d&re=10&fedemp=Y&fedemp=N&fedpub=Y&jbf565=&cal
ler=default.aspx&pg=1&cnme=Rockville&rad=20&rad_units=miles&AVSDM=2009-0
5-21+07%3a39%3a00>

Vacancy Ann #:HHS-SMA-2009-0040
Who May Apply:Agency Employees Only
Pay Plan:GS
Appointment Term:Permanent
Job Status:Full-Time
Opening Date:2009-05-21 00:00:00
Salary Range:From $86,927.00 to $113,007.00 USD per year

   To view other HHS opportunities please click on the following link:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/jobsearch.asp?q=&jbf574=HE*&jbf522=&sal
min=&salmax=&paygrademin=&paygrademax=&FedEmp=Y&tm=&sort=rv&vw=d&ss=0&br
d=3876&FedPub=Y&caller=%2Fagency_search.asp&SUBMIT1.x=72&SUBMIT1.y=17

USAJOBS Q and A's

Q:

How can I subscribe to receive Vacancy Announcements by email?

You can create Job Search Agents to receive email notifications when
Vacancy Announcements are posted that meet your saved search criteria.
To setup a Search Agent, click MY USAJOBS to create or login to your
career account.

Then click Create New Agent to select your search criteria and the
frequency you would like to receive emails.

Q:

Can I specify a salary range for the jobs I want to receive in my Agent
email notifications?

At this time, the salary range option is not available on Job Search
Agents. We recommend adding Keywords such as GS-11 in defining your
search criteria to see results which include that pay grade somewhere
within the Vacancy Announcement. You will be able see the Pay Plan and
Salary information listed with the Job Title on the Detailed View page
of the search results. (Note: You can perform a salary range search by
clicking Advanced on the SEARCH JOBS page.)

Q:

http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/" \l "top" \o
"http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/#top

Why can't search agents search by series?

You can set up your search agent by series. When you log into "My
USAJOBS", please select "Manage Agents" from the "My Job Search Agent"
section. On the next page select "Create New Agent". On the "Create Job
Search Agent" page you can select one or multiple series from the
"Occupational Series" window. You can also create a "series" search
agent by running a series job search from the "Series Search" and
selecting the "Save this Search and email me jobs" link at the top and
at the bottom of the job search results page.

Q:

http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/" \l "top" \o
"http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/#top

Why am I not receiving any job search agent emails?

If you are not receiving search agent email notices, it may be because
there haven't been any new jobs added to the database that match your
search criteria. You might also want to view your agent to check how
frequently you've asked to have the agent run. If you believe there have
been jobs posted to the database that match your agent and you should
have received notice, please notify our customer support team by
selecting the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each USAJOBS page. The
customer support team will check to see if there might be a technical
problem.

Q:

http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/" \l "top" \o
"http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/#top

How can I contact USAJOBS?

* For questions about information in a Vacancy Announcement or about the
status of an application you submitted, you will need to contact the
agency that posted the Vacancy Announcement.
* For questions that need to be directed to the Office of Personnel
Management, click here <http://www.opm.gov/html/email-in.htm> .
* For assistance with using the USAJOBS website, click here
<http://www.usajobs.gov/jsfeedback.asp> .

Q:

http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/" \l "top" \o
"http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/#top

How can I apply to a job with my posted resume when there is no Apply
Online button in the Vacancy Announcement providing a link to My USAJOBS
account?

Some agencies list Vacancy Announcements containing no Apply Online
button or an Apply Online button that links to that agency's own website
application form. In these cases, you will need to follow that specific
agency's instructions in the Vacancy Announcement in order to apply. You
may be able to copy and paste your information from the My USAJOBS View
Resume page into the agency's application form.

Q:

http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/" \l "top" \o
"http://help.usajobs.opm.gov/jobseeker/FAQ/#top

Does USAJOBS provide phone support?

You can access Federal vacancy information and forms through USAJOBS by
Phone at 703-724-1850 or TDD 978-461-8404. If you are having trouble
with the USAJOBS system or have a basic Federal employment question,
please send us an email message. There are "Contact Us" links at the
bottom of each web page and within the "Help" section.

Want information on Federal mental health grants, publications,
meetings, policies, programs and other useful material for mental health
consumers? Join the CMHS Consumer Affairs Listserv at:
http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/listserv/

The Center for Mental Health Services values your feedback. Please click
on the following link to complete a brief customer survey:
http://cmhssurvey.samhsa.gov <http://cmhssurvey.samhsa.gov/>

----- End forwarded message -----

Mona Robinson, Ph.D., PC, CRC
Assistant Professor
Rehabilitation Counseling and Chillicothe Program Coordinator
President-Elect, NAMRC
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-4461 Office
740-593-0477 Fax