[Compedsouth] Pen pal email exchange

Dave Moore mooredavidrichard at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:23:09 EDT 2009

Let me know if any of you are interested in this. I'll pass your name on to
Cat.

I wonder if you have any connections at local schools who might be
interested in an internet email/pen pal exchange with students in Kenya.

There are some schools in Lamu, Kenya that I worked with who have funding
from UNESCO for computer labs. They have really nice labs now in their
schools, along with satellite internet. One of the schools, Mkomani Girls'
Primary School (Grades 1-8), has a project called "Connecting Classrooms"
with email pals from Ghana and the UK. They have had funding from the
British Council for a few years, and teachers from the three countries have
visited each others' schools. They are looking for students in the U.S. who
might be interested in communicating.

This site from UNESCO gives more info on the project

http://education.nairobi-unesco.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2579&Itemid=56

Let me know if you are interested. The principal of the school has been
emailing me and she would like to develop something soon. I thought that
Alexander or Athens might have some teachers who could be interested.....

Thanks,

Cat Cutcher
--
David Richard Moore