[Compedsouth] EDRE 501

raffle raffle at ohio.edu
Sun Jan 4 20:50:10 EST 2009

This email is for students who are enrolled/need to be enrolled in EDRE 501
during Winter Quarter.

Currently, the course is listed as "permission only."  Any students who
need to add the course will be pink slipped in at the first class meeting.

The course will meet in person on three Saturday mornings: January 10,
February 7, March 14 from 8:30am - 12:30pm in McCracken 104.

All textbook materials you need for this course are available on the
Blackboard site under "Textbooks". You are welcome to copy/print the
required readings.

If you are interested, you can also purchase the textbooks:
Utts, J. M. (2005). Seeing through statistics (3rd ed.). Belmont, CA:
Thompson Brooks/Cole.
ISBN 0534399517

Howell, D. C. (2004). Fundamental statistics for the behavioral sciences
(5th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thompson Brooks/Cole.
ISBN 0534394027

Tuckman, B. W. (1999) Conducting educational research (5th ed.). Orlando:
Harcourt Brace.
ISBN 0155054775

They are commonly used textbooks so you could shop around on internet sites
and/or buy them used from a college bookstore. Keep in mind that you will
need approximately half the chapters from each of the Utts and Howell books
and you will use approximately three chapters from the Tuckman book.

For the first day of class, we will take care of the usual administrative
details, go over the syllabus and structure of the course, have a short
introduction to the course (which will be more lecture-style -- please note
that you will NOT need any textbook materials), and we will finish our time
together with a "field trip" to Alden Library for library database training.

If you have any other questions, please email me at raffle at ohio.edu

Looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday -- have a safe trip to
Athens!

Fondly,
Holly Raffle

--
Holly Raffle, PhD, CHES
Research Associate

The Institute for Local Government Administration and Rural Development
(ILGARD)
at Ohio University's Voinovich School for Leadership and Public Affairs
Building 22, The Ridges
Athens, OH 45701-2979
T: 740-597-1710
F: 740-593-4398