[Classclimate-users] Further loads

Donaldson, Michelle donaldso at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 2 13:57:17 EST 2019

Hi Lisa (and Listserv),

We have temporarily stopped the data feeds to Class Climate until we fix all of the existing subunits that have duplicate users.  If the existing duplicate users are not corrected first, running the full data feed will duplicate the duplicates, again.  So what we have been doing for the courses that had October start dates is manually adding just those to the system.  If you can share with us the information about the courses you are missing, it will help us speed up the process of getting them loaded for you.  (Otherwise, we have to go subunit by subunit and compare the courses that are already in the system with what is in the data feed list, which is a manual and unfortunately slow process.)  Knowing that we are looking for ENG 1234 section 101 or ENG1234101 makes the process much faster, as we can search the data feed file for that specific course instead.  And if you are the admin for multiple subunits, letting us know which subunit(s) is/are missing the data is also helpful.

The manual processing is just a short term fix as we didn't have enough resources to get all of the duplicates cleaned up this term.  Long term, it is our intention to have the duplicate users cleaned up before the Spring Semester data feeds start running, so we won't have to manually process items next term.

Thanks,

Michelle