[Birdarenaemployees] Timesheet Information from Patrick Scott

Topp, Talli tt263409 at ohio.edu
Wed Dec 25 02:02:59 EST 2013

To All Bird Employees,

First of all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. This is the best time of year in my opinion, and the time spent with your family can be the best experience of your life (and the most stressful sometimes). So, for that, I hope all of you are making the best of the time off from school.

Secondly, I have received a number of emails, texts, FB messages, Tweets (kidding on this one), in regards to the payroll debacle that has ensued during this pay period. As some of you may recall, Talli forwarded an email last Friday that came into my inbox from OU's payroll system. It stated that all OU employees paid on a biweekly hourly basis would have to log their hours for this time period by the end of the day LAST FRIDAY (12/20/2013 or for Greg, 20/12/2013). This needed to take place so that the people approving the time sheets (myself), could get these sent out to payroll before Christmas. Again, this was not my decision to do this. It honestly does not make sense to me either as I would not have to approve these time sheets until next Tuesday. Rather poor planning if you ask me on their part.

However, it has come to my attention that many of you either did not read the email, did not understand the email, or simply just forgot. So, I will take some of the blame for that, as I am not in Athens to help clarify what needed to happen. However, this obviously does not solve the problem as you still need to be paid. So, here's is what we are going to do, it is going to be a terrible pain in the butt for me to take care of, but I still want all of you to get your money. If you can follow these next steps, EXACTLY THE WAY I ASK, then we will get these hours taken care of over the next (or next couple, depending on how many hours you worked) pay periods. So, here they are:

1. Construct an email with the subject title: PAYROLL BACKLOGGING: (your name)
2. In said email, in the form of bullet points, please provide the date of which you were supposed to work, times you were supposed to work, and what position you were supposed to work
3. DO NOT PUT THESE HOURS IN YOURSELF

I will then take these notes and put them in an Excel document and record these hours over the next couple pay periods in order to ensure that all of you are being compensated for the hours you have worked. I know this is a incredibly pain-staking process for you, but if it makes you feel any better, its way worse for me. With all of this said, I hope all of you have a great Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah, NYE, and Winter Classic (GO LEAFS GO)! Enjoy the time with your families. Eat, drink, and be merry, and I will be back to Bird on January 2nd. Have a great Christmas Eve, and to all a good night! Thank you.
[https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

--
PATRICK SCOTT
OHIO UNIVERSITY MBA/MSA '14

Ohio University

Mechanical Engineering

Bird Arena, Special Events Manager

Synchronized Skating Team, Head Coach/President

tt263409 at ohio.edu<mailto:tt263409 at ohio.edu>

(937)689-1751