[Birdarenaemployees] Surevey

Morris, Daniel morrisd at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:39:06 EST 2011

Staff- See below.  If yourare interested in participating, please fill out the survey for Shannon Dere

Dan

Dear Campus Recreation Director,

My name is Shannon Dere and I am a graduate student at Texas State University-San Marcos pursuing my Master of Science in Recreation and Leisure Services. For my thesis I a conducting a survey that looks at the views of student employees in campus recreation regarding design of campus recreation work. I am using the Work Design Questionnaire as the basic instrument.

In simpler terms, my thesis focuses on three aspects of the work environment: motivational, social, and physical. My online survey, which will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete, asks simple questions regarding day to day functions and are directed towards student employees in campus recreation.

It is intended that the results of this survey will show me what areas of campus recreation work are perceived by student employees as relatively satisfactory and which areas could be reevaluated. I intend to make results of the study publicly available.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the link below, which will be active through Friday, March 4th,  to your student employees in campus recreation and encourage them to participate. At the beginning of the survey there is a description of the survey and a consent statement. Once again, I will greatly appreciate any encouragement you or your staff could provide to student employees to complete the survey.

Survey link: http://txstthesis.fireflysurveys.com/Start/cd28b864-29f0-4fe8-88bc-a146a9bfde6e

If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask. Again, I greatly appreciate your assistance and support in my endeavor to complete my thesis. Have a wonderful weekend!

Shannon Dere
Graduate Assistant-Sport Clubs
Dept. of Campus Recreation
Recreation & Leisure Studies