[Biking-L] Trail Work Saturday

Dan Uptmor aviatorxc at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 21:10:06 EST 2010

Hey everyone,

Way to show up for trail work.  We cleared all of Sundown today, took about three hours.  Also one of the locals who showed up to help, named Joe, suggested we put on a XC race to raise money.  He made it seem very doable.  He was telling me that his senior year they had the regional XC collegiate race here at Strouds Park (don't know how long ago that was).  I also explained the whole pay to play issue.  He seemed to think it would be a better choice to stay with club sports.

No doubt this would be some work, but it would give the club tons of money.  Enable a lot of trip funding (those of you who want to do downhill trips also).  Spring quarter would be the time to start looking into this if we wanted to try and host it next fall.  I will bring this idea up at the first meeting Spring quarter.

Dan