[Biking-L] Recruiting second half 2009 and Cyclocross riders for Team Athens

Katsu Tanda kaptainkatsu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:23:10 EDT 2009

Fellow cyclists,

Team Athens Cycling is currently recruiting new members of all ability
levels for second half 2009 and for Cyclocross. We are doing our second run
of clothing and want to make sure you are on board with us!

With 4 wins to date and over 20 top 10's, you are sure to be on the winning
team. However at Team Athens, you are not judged by your results, you are
simply a winner by stepping out onto the race course. By joining Team Athens
you will gain access to the products and services of our many great
sponsors.

Cyclocross:
Many have heard about it, some of you may have not. Quick and dirty, it is a
hybrid between Road and Mountain biking, but in reality it is more than
that. Originally it was an informal sport that many road cyclists did in the
winter time as training. Now it is a full blown sport, with many amateur and
Pro cyclists making cyclocross their main sport.

Cyclocross is suited for cyclists of all backgrounds, road, mountain and
even triathletes. On a typical cyclocross course, you will find flat road or
grassy sections, obstacles, sand pits, mud (if it is wet), and running
sections. Something for everyone and if you are not good at any one thing
(flat land speed, bike handling, running) you will be able to work at it and
get better!

Whether you make it your primary sport or not, it is still a good way to
maintain (or gain) fitness through the winter months

If you have any questions about Team Athens, cyclocross or riding in
general, please do not hesitate to send me an email.

Regards,

Katsu Tanda

Team Athens Cycling/KT Prototypes Ltd.
4 Warwick Lane