[ASU] African music and Africa on film

Howard, Steve howard at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 2 13:45:37 EDT 2017

Thank you for the good crowd of African students at the Trio da Kali concert in Nelsonville last night. And thank you Bose Maposa for all your administrative back-stopping on this project! If you have a chance, let me know what you think of our trying to bring live African music bands to this little corner of the world.

And tomorrow we continue our "Banned Nations Film Series" with The Devil Came on Horseback, a film on Sudan. We've kept Sudan in the series- even though it is off the list for now- because of the unpredictable nature of the current US government.... 145 Walter Hall at 6:30 p.m.

thanks for your support

Steve Howard,
Professor, School of Media Arts and Studies,
and African Studies