[ASU] New Updates

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:52:14 EDT 2014

Dear friends,

Thanks for coming out to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Zambian's
independence yesterday; it was indeed a beautiful occasion.

Don't forget bowling today at 6:00 pm. We will all convene on the 3rd floor
of the library, Friends of the library at 5:45pm, and then head out at 6pm.

Please bring at least $5 along, as bowling costs $4.25/head.

Furthermore, we have come halfway through the semester and this is a good
time to talk about ASU in terms of our progress so far, what needs to be
changed and what we want to see happen.

This is also the time for bookkeeping and discussing event ideas for next
semester.

More exciting is the second half of the meeting where we will have Susan
Mongalla, a fellow colleague, talk to us about her experience as a young
woman growing up in South Sudan.

Below is a comment Susan Mongalla made in response to the story in this
link http://bit.ly/1ww4gI7

       "The more we open up and talk about the hardship that we, as South
Sudanese young         women went through, the more the whole world will be
able to understand and create            betters ways of helping us
overcome this tragedy."

Hope to see you all today.

Tolu. A.

--