[ASU] 2014 African Cultural Week

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:42:33 EDT 2014

Hello members,

I trust you're all doing great.

Over the past three or so weeks, our Publicity Secretary has done a
commendable job publicizing this year's annual ASU African Cultural Week
that commences tomorrow (04/07/2014).

I wish to take this opportunity to urge you all to turn up in large numbers
and take part in this year's exciting cultural week events ranging from the
OU Press Key note speech; Mancala tournament; African Movie Night and panel
discussion; African Languages Day; to the Sports in Africa Conference among
other exciting events planned for next.

The cultural week will culminate in the now much publicized Passion for
Africa Gala where we will present Elsa Chyrum with the 2014 African Heroine
Award on Saturday 04/12/2014; and a talk delivered by the Heroine on Sunday
04/13/2014 at 2pm in the Friends of the Library Room on the third floor of
Alden Library. The heroine's talk is entitled "African migration and its
attractions and pitfalls"

Finally, it is never too late to pass the word around. Please tell your
friends about the Cultural Week, Passion for Africa Gala and the Heroine
Lecture.

Wishing you all a great and enjoyable week ahead.

Jeremiah Asaka
President
--
African Student Union