[ASU] African Language this Summer.

Antwi-Boasiako, Kingsley ka101410 at ohio.edu
Wed May 16 21:46:41 EDT 2012

Dear Family,

I am glad to share this wonderful opportunity with you all. As part of its commitment to enhance knowledge about African languages, the  Ohio University African Studies Program is offering six-week intensive summer classes in African languages.
This is a great avenue especially for those of us from the continent to learn another African language  to deepen our Pan Africanism.

Please be informed that this is not an exclusive preserve only for those in African Studies but for the entire family of Africans and Africanists.

Let this Summer count. Learn an African language.

Below are the details :
Best,
Kingsley Antwi-Boasiako
President-ASU

The African Studies Program is pleased to announce its Summer Intensive Language Program.
Program dates: June 18- August 3 2012

This intensive summer African languages program will allow students will earn course credit equivalent to one academic year of instruction. Classes will meet 5 hours a day, Monday through Friday, and are taught by native speakers of the respective languages.

Language Offerings

Below is a list of languages to be offered. Though we have capabilities to offer these languages for both the beginner and intermediate levels, the level to be  offered will depend on student interest. Please email githinji at ohio.edu to request your level.

Akan

Somali
Swahili
Wolof
Registration

Ohio University Students can register for the intensive language program through the normal way of registration.