[ASU] Important Update on 2012 African Heroes Night Sunday, February12, 2012/ Ballroom Baker Center 5-9 pm

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:21:46 EST 2012

Dear All,

There is so much to be excited about!!! African Heroes Night planning is
coming along incredibly well!  As you read this, would you please:
1. forward this email to anyone you know that is not on the ASU listserv
but would love to be updated?
2. Open the attached file for further information about the Event planning
and sign up to volunteer?
3. Make sure to secure your ticket as soon as you can? I am sure you do not
want to be missed.

Here is what I am very excited about:

   - *Hero Confirmed* - Our 2012 African Hero, Prof. K. Frimpong-Boateng
   will arrive Thursday, February 9th.
   - *Ballroom* - The event has been moved to the Baker Ballroom to
   accommodate more guests, and we anticipate a packed room!!
   - *Entertainment* - Melange, the Music Band that amazingly entertained
   us at the 2011 Heroes night and at the crossover, is booked! The Baker
   Ballroom will be setup with a stage and a dance floor so come ready to
   dance!
   - *Open Mic* - For one hour, the stage will be open to ASU GB members to
   entertain our audience with a poem, song, fashion show or dance.  *Contact
   Christine if you want to sign up!* ( see attached document for details)
   - *Atrium Kitchen* - This year, we will cook in the Atrium kitchen
   located in Grover.  Only a short push to the Ballroom, cooking is now more
   convenient than ever!
   - *Delicious Food *- Thanks to our incredibly talented cooks, African
   Heroes Night will continue the tradition of ASU providing amazing African
   dinners!
   - *Reviving ASU History *- A powerpoint to be played during the night
   chronicling past ASU African Heroes is in the work to revive ASU history
   and tradition.
   - *President McDavis Confirmed - *President McDavis will be attending
   African Heroes Night.
   - *CIS Forum* - Prof. K. Frimpong-Boateng will speak at the Center for
   International Studies Forum on Friday, February 10th at 3pm in Bentley 124.
   All are welcome!
   - *OU Medical School Tour* - Prof K. Frimpong-Boateng will be given a
   special tour through the OU medical laboratories!
   - *World Music-Dance Concert *- Prof. K. Frimpong-Boateng will attend
   the World Music and Dance Night with Dr. Howard!
   - *Ghanaian Lunch*  - Dr. Hughes has graciously invited Prof. K.
   Frimpong-Boateng to a Ghanaian lunch on Saturday, February 10th.
   - *Dr. Adeyanju Dinner* - Dr. Adeyanju will open his home to Prof. K.
   Frimpong-Boateng on Saturday night for a superb dinner and opportunity to
   meet with OU faculty.

*Tickets go on sale this week for $7.  They will go fast, so buy yours
now!!!!!*
Tickets can be purchased at the ISFS office in the Walter International
Education Center  or at ticket tables in Baker on February 7 (4th floor
outside) ,February 8 (1st floor) and February 9 (1st floor).

*The 2012 African Heroes Night promises to be a successful event, but we
still need your help!!! *
See Attached Spreadsheet for Opportunities to Volunteer and contact the
listed coordinator.
*This ev**ent is something that we all should take ownership for.**  Please
market the event to all of your friends, and buy your tickets in advance.
I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, February 12th from 5-9pm at
African Heroes Night.  *
*If you have any question, comment feel free to contact me .*

Sincerely,
Manu
ASU President
manu18.06 at gmail.com