[ASU] Outcome of Elections

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:34:15 EDT 2012

Hi Comrades,
For the benefit of those of us who were unable to participate in
yesterday's elections, I wish to give a brief overview of the outcome of
the process. It is worth pointing out that this has been one of the most
highly contested election in the history of our beloved union. Fortunately,
the election was relatively free and fair. For the highly coveted position
of President, Kingsley Antwi Boasiako emerged victor after Ousmane Diop
gave him 'a run for his money'.
The candidates for the other positions were unanimously voted for by the
electorate since they were unopposed. Find below, a list of our elected
executive committee members:
President: Kingsley Antwi-Boasiako
Vice-President: Emmanulle Assy
General Secretary: Laura Hyde
Treasurer: Benjamin Adu-Kumi
Social and Cultural Secretary: Eden Almasude
Publicity Secretary: Philistar Bonyo
Academic and Research Secretary: Toure Vieux

While I encourage the elected officials to perform their duties diligently
and conscientiously, I maintain that ASU is the overall winner and not just
the elected individuals. Stay tuned for information on the handing over
ceremony. Thanks!

Shaka Bello
General Secretary/ Presiding Officer

--